Brake Pictures - What Do I Need to Replace? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Brake Pictures - What Do I Need to Replace?

Ring & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, BaBilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and CJeep Wrangler Complete Gear Upgrade Kits with Installs and

Unread 02-07-2013, 10:15 AM   #16
lazyWJ
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeJay4490 View Post
Well you'll never catch me living up north lol
Every winter that goes by I swear this will be my last year being cold. I hate winter and cold. You sir have the right idea. Granted snow wheeling can be fun, but I could live without it quite happily.

"Bought, Not Built"
lazyWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2013, 10:31 AM   #17
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcocch View Post
You pay for a car wash ever 2 weeks in the winter up north? Maybe if my outdoor spigots didn't freeze in the winter I might do that in my driveway (and then have a sheet of ice on my driveway ). I'm definitely not in the income bracket to spend $30 a month on car washes that only keep the car clean for about 30seconds before driving through slush and salt again.
I actually wash mine every sunday weather it's nice and sunny or in the middle of a blizzard.7 of the 10 years I've had my Jeep has been in places that use salt or sodium chloride solution on the roads and I have very little to no rust,at best just some minor surface rust and yes most of the time is spent washing the undercarriage.

Putting your vehicle in a garage,heated or not, accelerates the corrosion also during the winter.
Unread 02-07-2013, 10:55 AM   #18
TeeJay4490
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyWJ View Post
Every winter that goes by I swear this will be my last year being cold. I hate winter and cold. You sir have the right idea. Granted snow wheeling can be fun, but I could live without it quite happily.
Not to jack the thread butttt...

Floridas waiting on you...

And some not so rusty jeep pics..

1999 Grand Laredo 4x4: [SIZE="2"]Whats left of a front bumper - JK Saharas' with 33's - 4 in. Rough Country lift - HID conversion - Double cardon conversion - TJ gas cap mod - Recovery points added - Painted cladding and grill - Skid plates - All moog suspension- Roof Rack -CB radio - Cut and trimmed fenders[/SIZE]

[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/tjswj-build-thread-1438516/[/url]

[url]http://wjjeeps.com/[/url]
TeeJay4490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2013, 11:07 AM   #19
lazyWJ
2002 WJ 

[QUOTE=TeeJay4490;14924759]Not to jack the thread butttt...

Floridas waiting on you...

***DROOOL***

I think I need a few moments alone now...
"Bought, Not Built"
Unread 02-07-2013, 01:32 PM   #20
Double E
2000 Laredo V8

2000 WJ 

Florida, yes. North Carolina is closed.
Changes & fixes: Rear Addco sway bar & greasble bushings, upgraded headlights, upgraded tail lights, new hood struts (replaced 2X), new rear hatchglass struts, new radiator (replaced 3X), new oil pressure sending unit (replaced 4X), 2 new speed sensors, 2 new door lock actuators, new ignition key cylinder, chrome front tow hooks, Mobil 1 Synthetic 5/30, Purolator Pure One oil filter, EBC slotted & dimpled rotors, EBC Greenstuff pads, new front shocks (replaced 3X), new rear shocks (replaced 2X), new IRO steering stabilizer, new timing chain cover, new water pump, thermostat, new thermostat housing, new high pressure power steering hose, Michelin-X radials, new sunroof assembly, new single-piece lug nuts, new exhaust manifold studs & gasket on driver's side, new Durango alternator. Jeepforum.com sticker, Visit cobaltboatsforum.com when you can!
Double E is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2013, 01:51 PM   #21
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

I've lucked out so far with rust. They like salt here as well. The other day, a bunch of salt showed up on the roads - why I'm not sure. There was so much, in some places it looked like a powder of snow had built up along the road where tires don't typically touch. The strange part is, there wasn't any snow/ice that I recall and it's been fairly warm the last few days. Weird.

To the OP's original question, I'd feel the rotors. Like said previously, if there are grooves or a wear line, I'd replace them. If not, they might be fine for you until the next time around.

ChrisHager's 'Grilled' Thread

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyooooooh View Post
But ChrisHager makes me want to poor water on a burning bucket of gasoline now just out of curiosity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by billzcat1 View Post
The latest lift kit from Rough Country? :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples View Post
Your symptoms sounds just like what it does when it's not doing what it should because of how it is.
ChrisHager is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2013, 04:34 PM   #22
lazyWJ
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double E View Post
Florida, yes. North Carolina is closed.
WTF, why u guys no want me in NC?
"Bought, Not Built"

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.