Brake Caliper Bracket Bolts - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Brake Caliper Bracket Bolts

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 10-11-2013, 01:38 PM   #1
Airbird
2004 WJ 

Brake Caliper Bracket Bolts

Good Afternoon!

I'm having a problem with my front passenger side caliper bracket bolts coming loose. My wife reported hearing a banging under the Jeep, few hours later the caliper had come right off with the bolt missing and damaging the rim. I replaced the bolts and figured it would be fine. Few days later both top and bottom bolts had come loose again when I checked it... so this time I used blue Lockthread on both bolts. Today she reported hearing the noise again... told her to park it and just leave it be. What is making these dam things come loose...?

tldr: Caliper Bracket Bolts are coming loose.

Airbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2013, 02:17 PM   #2
its-me-B
2002 WJ 

you might want to check the threading in the caliper its self... if they keep working their way out even with threadlocker it might be striped in the caliper. where in milwaukee are you? i stay over by southridge and work at in west allis at a shop by state fair park.
Zombie Outbreak Response Unit #396
its-me-B is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.