Bouncing issues. 04 gc - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Bouncing issues. 04 gc

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 03-18-2014, 10:34 AM   #1
jssparky
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Bouncing issues. 04 gc

Ok I've searched other threads but couldn't find the exact info I wanted. Last weekend I installed the addco 684 with greasable bushings, all 4 new shocks rancho 5000s. Keep in mind this is the wife's jeep. Anyways she has told me that it is "bouncing" real bad going down the highway. Any noise or problems with this jeep is greatly amplified by her mouth. Lol. So..... any suggestions on possible problems you experts can think of? Help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

jssparky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2014, 11:00 AM   #2
Johnyre
2002 WJ 

bouncing on the highway could be cause by both shocks and sways. Take it for a drive and see how bad it is then let us know
Johnyre is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2014, 03:01 PM   #3
skain8
Under Construction

2002 WJ 

Bouncing means that your shocks are not dampening properly. I know nothing about those shocks, but ideally, you want to properly pair your shocks to your springs so that they work in harmony. How are they valved?

'02 WJ: 4.7L, 5", HP44/9", 231HD, tall & skinny KM2's
'99 XJ: stock
'99 XJ: stolen
'06 XK: sold
231HD build guide
skain8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2014, 03:14 PM   #4
jssparky
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I honestly don't know about the valving. All I know is they are rancho 5000s brand new all the way around. Center hub to fender measurements seem to be correct. Assuming they are stock or factory springs.
Unread 03-18-2014, 05:28 PM   #5
michiganmaveric
Got Beer?

2011 JK Wrangler 

New shocks + ADDCO sway bar = stiffer ride = more bounce to the ounce, meaning she feels the stiffness instead of the soft ride of the old worn out shocks and the inadequate stock sway bar.

If you don't have time to do it right the first time, how do you have time to do it over.

Lifetime member #13

www.militaryjeepers.com lifetime member/airforce26yrs

2011 Tango/Mango JKU
michiganmaveric is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2014, 05:36 PM   #6
TURNER76
1999 WJ 

I have the same problem,I have new shocks and addco sway bar and to add to it I have the heavy duty monroe sensa tracs with the coil spring around the shocks.It feels like I have hydraulics In the rear! lol.Ive just been blasten some snoop dogg and goen with It. hehe.
TURNER76 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2014, 06:47 PM   #7
Johnyre
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURNER76 View Post
I have the same problem,I have new shocks and addco sway bar and to add to it I have the heavy duty monroe sensa tracs with the coil spring around the shocks.It feels like I have hydraulics In the rear! lol.Ive just been blasten some snoop dogg and goen with It. hehe.
Lmao
Unread 03-19-2014, 04:56 AM   #8
jssparky
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Not sure how to quote the messages here sorry. Love the snoop dog reference. But yeah I think she's just not used to the different ride. I had it out last night doing over 80mph on the state rt and then 70mph on the back country rds. Seemed fine to me. That thing corners SO much better. Now I just need to fix those tie rods. Always something
Unread 03-19-2014, 06:17 AM   #9
Johnyre
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jssparky View Post
Not sure how to quote the messages here sorry. Love the snoop dog reference. But yeah I think she's just not used to the different ride. I had it out last night doing over 80mph on the state rt and then 70mph on the back country rds. Seemed fine to me. That thing corners SO much better. Now I just need to fix those tie rods. Always something
I know right. It's a never ending list

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.