Blue devil head gasket sealer - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Blue devil head gasket sealer

New Product Release: Flowmaster Force II Dual Tailpipe AxlUSA Made JK Rear Axles!!! Revolution Gear and AxleCurrie RockJock Products!!

Unread 05-18-2013, 12:01 PM   #16
doityourselfMM

1999 WJ 

Assuming the heads were not warped when you installed them, how did you torque them? They should be done in a circular pattern, starting from the middle of the head and rotating outwards. They need to be torqued in stages, increasing the torque each cycle. And with an accurate torque wrench.

Improper torqueing could cause them to warp. Not sure they would crap out (if improperly torqued) that quickly, though.

I am suspicious that they were OK when you bought them.

doityourselfMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2013, 12:20 PM   #17
javis4x4
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJ4x4LIFE View Post
Agreed, with the statement above as your seemed to be an "immediate" with your mechanical skills.

I will help a little with these tests.

#1 "Compression Test"

* Simplest Test *

http://www.lislecorp.com/divisions/products/?product=75

#2 "Leak-Down Test"

* Simplest Test * = DIY friendly as possible...

http://www.lislecorp.com/divisions/p...s/?product=406

-----------------------------------

Also you seem to be in the DFW! Hope to see you around....
yea im actualy in grand praire and right accross from me is a great spot with great trails !, you ever in this area you should pm me to hit the trils
javis4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2013, 12:24 PM   #18
javis4x4
2001 WJ 

i did torque then in the order that the book says, but i did not know about increasing the touqua as you go
Unread 05-18-2013, 01:06 PM   #19
WJ4x4LIFE

Back to the real question on hand, there is a few products that Blue Devil has to offer.

Product #1.

http://www.gobluedevil.com/headgasketsealerproduct.html

*Disclaimer* You will need to flush the coolant system a few times and then you can chance the sealer treatment. Professionalism out the door, this **** does have create a foam solvent and can cause internal issues. I could care less what the manufacturer claims or says!!

Product #2.

http://www.gobluedevil.com/pourngoproduct.html

---------------------

We have tested this product before on a head gasket issue before, and this **** left so much blockage on both cylinder heads, then before of course. Afterwards we still had the same issue, and worst by the way.
WJ4x4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2013, 03:48 PM   #20
javis4x4
2001 WJ 

Well I guess I'm going to have to rip apart my motor again instead of dumping this in my engine.
Unread 05-18-2013, 03:49 PM   #21
lazyWJ
2002 WJ 

Sealer can work in small problems, and in fact is so effective that Subaru implemented it as routine maintenance for many years on it's vehicles that were notorious for head gasket seepage (subaru cooling system conditioner = leak stop). In a case as severe as this where you are seeing steam/coolant leaking, there's not a hope in hell that any sealer is going to help. Period. There's a major issue here, a broken head or a gasket damaged on installation. You just don't get coolant pissing out from a warped head or minor sealing issue, this is a serious **** up.
"Bought, Not Built"
lazyWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2013, 10:30 PM   #22
BIGBADWOLF
2004 WJ 

I would think twice before using this stuff. This stuff contains silicates (water glass) so if it does not seal your leak and gets into your oil its bye,buy engine.....remember "cash-for-clunkers", they poured silicates into the oil to seize the engines. If a head gasket is just seeping a little coolant Bars pellets are the safest bet. I have successfully stopped several head gasket leaks with Bars. While not a permanent fix it can buy you some time. I have an S-10 that was leaking so bad from the head gasket it was shorting out the plug wires. I put Bars in it and it stopped leaking...that was 11 years ago!
BIGBADWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2013, 11:27 AM   #23
javis4x4
2001 WJ 

Bar huh ,I've never heard of it. But if you used it in your S10 and its good after 11yrs. Sounds like I might try that to buy me some time.
Unread 05-19-2013, 01:09 PM   #24
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by javis4x4 View Post
i did torque then in the order that the book says, but i did not know about increasing the touqua as you go
if you didn't torque it in stages you probably warped the heads again.
Quote:
Well I guess I'm going to have to rip apart my motor again instead of dumping this in my engine.
do it right
Quote:
Bar huh ,I've never heard of it. But if you used it in your S10 and its good after 11yrs. Sounds like I might try that to buy me some time.
his sounds like an external coolant leak, yours is going into the cylinders, and badly from the sounds of it.

don't do it half butt style. do it right.

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2013, 01:15 PM   #25
javis4x4
2001 WJ 

this is how i did it and also touque them down to 60lbs like it was said to be done
img_0042-1-.jpg   img_0041-1-.jpg  

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.