Blown Head Gasket. Replacement cost and how to do it? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Blown Head Gasket. Replacement cost and how to do it?

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 12-04-2012, 09:07 PM   #1
DakMan96
1999 WJ 

Blown Head Gasket. Replacement cost and how to do it?

How can I replace my head gasket? 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo I6. My oil level is super high and looks milky green (my coolant is green). Also, how can I be sure it's head gasket and not intake manifest gasket? And if I did take it to a mechanic, what would it cost. Which honestly I do not plan on doing.

DakMan96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2012, 10:45 PM   #2
the88thpianoman
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakMan96 View Post
How can I replace my head gasket? 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo I6. My oil level is super high and looks milky green (my coolant is green). Also, how can I be sure it's head gasket and not intake manifest gasket? And if I did take it to a mechanic, what would it cost. Which honestly I do not plan on doing.
I don't mean to be rude, but you don't sound equipped to take on this job yourself. The intake/exhaust gasket cannot possibly be related to having coolant in the oil. It is the head gasket, and very likely also the head.
2003 WJ in Jeep Green Metallic, 4.0/242/4.10's. 4" Teraflex springs w/ RE monotube shocks and IRO short arms, cheap intake w/ amsoil filter, 2.5" hi flow cat and back exhaust, lots of lights and other misc crap.

Check out my build thread here: Life lessons and budget build
the88thpianoman is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.