Blower not working - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Blower not working

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 12-16-2013, 05:21 AM   #1
sbsshadow
2001 WJ 

Blower not working

Hey all , hope you are well , so ..........the blower does not work on one of my WJ's I have bought the blower motor but after looking under the passenger side under the glove box , I can see a board with a capaciter hanging off , does anyone know what this board is , as it does not look like the heater resistor ? Thank you

sbsshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2013, 06:49 PM   #2
berndog67
2003 WJ 

without a pic its hard to say, but there is a heater resistor board towards the bottom of the blower unit, they are notorious with overheating and going bad, there are new ones that come with new wiring and connections to solve that problem, i had it happen to me two years ago during the winter, took me a week to finally figure out thats what went bad, and another week to get the new one with the new connection and wires, nothing like two weeks without heat! takes less than 30 mins to replace/install it, havent had a problem since! the only problem is that its wayyyy up under the dash almost to the firewall, so the upside down contorting way to reach it kinda sucks!
2003 WJ Overland, 4.7HO, D30 & D44A (1 tons going in now!), RC Long Arm, lifted 4" Front 6" Rear, RC 2.2 4" Shocks, JKS track bar, custom hi-steer, 35" Procomp M/T's on JK rims, beefed up Overland rock rails, custom skids and dif gaurds, Rugged Ridge 8500 synthetic winch in custom hidden mount
berndog67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2013, 03:35 AM   #3
sbsshadow
2001 WJ 

ok lol, I will try to get a pic up later
Unread 12-19-2013, 01:32 AM   #4
sbsshadow
2001 WJ 

Just ordered the resistor from JEEP , not bad at 50 !

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.