blower motor resistor replaced, still having issues - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > blower motor resistor replaced, still having issues

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 06-17-2013, 05:35 PM   #1
alisa65
1979 CJ7 

blower motor resistor replaced, still having issues

My 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee had a non working resistor. The wire clip was melted. I was told by jeep dealer that a new part has come out to take care of that issue. I'm not sure. Maybe it has. Now, the blower motor works but at half strenth. Has anyone else had that same issue? Everything looks fine. Doors working properly. Maybe with the new part, the blower uses less force and, in this way, does not melt the wires(?) Anyway, here is a pic of the new parts.

thca95l5ju.jpg  
alisa65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 05:51 PM   #2
chris87xj
Jeepaholic

1987 XJ Cherokee 

I moved this thread to the Grand Cherokee forum section where your fellow WJ owners can best be of assistance.

"You can set my jeep on fire and roll it down a hill,
But I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe DeVille."

JeepForum.com/IndyORV@Redbird-SRA
COTY 2009

Vote for the Jurassic July Cherokee Of The Month!!!
chris87xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 07:11 PM   #3
YZ212
2003 WJ 

You may need to reverse the positive and negative wires going to the blower motor. It's the cable that only has 2 wires. On the plug end of the 2 wire cable, pop the clip off of the end of the connector and pull out and reverse the wires. I just did mine and had the same issue. Found a thread that explained this and now mine works fine.
Unread 06-17-2013, 08:25 PM   #4
Ah673000
2002 WJ 

I installed the Airtec kit from Rockauto and itooked like your picture. I think AT is the OEM supplier. Followed directions that came with the kit and she fired right up ... No change in performance.

Did you get directions with the dealer furnished unit. If you didn't I think I can still find them .
Ah673000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 04:59 AM   #5
alisa65
1979 CJ7 

I purchased the item thru the jeep dealer. The dealer setup had basic directions: plug A to B, that is it. All clips were prewired for me. I will check with the dealer and see what they say.
Unread 06-18-2013, 01:59 PM   #6
alisa65
1979 CJ7 

I called the dealer and chrysler. I told them I spent over $120 for a blower motor resistor for my vehicle (dealer item). I explained that the original part caused the wires to melt. I checked my blower motor since the repair and, yes, the motor runs backwards! Dealer stated that he never had any complaints within his company. So I thought, who cares if the AC or heat runs less than what I used to have. I'll just run my second AC in my vehicle (windows down). I have plenty of blankets for the winter. After all, Michigan weather isn't all that bad. Chryler knows what they are talking about, right? Don't think so! I switched the wires around. Thanks, but no thanks Chrysler. Take your fix and shove it up your a#$@@$!! And thankyou to YZ212 and to everyone else who suggested switching the wires. Awesome!!
Unread 06-18-2013, 04:09 PM   #7
chris87xj
Jeepaholic

1987 XJ Cherokee 

"You can set my jeep on fire and roll it down a hill,
But I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe DeVille."

JeepForum.com/IndyORV@Redbird-SRA
COTY 2009

Vote for the Jurassic July Cherokee Of The Month!!!
chris87xj is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.