blinker blinking fast - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > blinker blinking fast

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueSteering Stabilizer Brackets...

Unread 04-01-2015, 07:05 AM   #1
Zacedward
2004 WJ 

blinker blinking fast

Hi does this mean my bulb is burnt out when I turn on my blinker it blinks fast I got out of my jeep and my front works good my back taillight blinker is not blinking thanks

UJC #181 2004 jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7L v8, 2"bb, kolak 3 " exhaust flowmaster 50 SUV , Rola roof basket, k&n cai,245/75 /16 A/T
Zacedward is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2015, 07:25 AM   #2
rep-tile
2004 WJ 

YOU SET YOURSELF UP FOR IT!! Have you checked you blinker fluid??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxkHqPXwNZ4

Anyone with a Kuhneutson valve issue today?
Unread 04-01-2015, 07:31 AM   #3
ChrisHager

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacedward View Post
Hi does this mean my bulb is burnt out when I turn on my blinker it blinks fast I got out of my jeep and my front works good my back taillight blinker is not blinking thanks
Replace your rear blinker and you should be good. The fast blinking is there to indicate a bulb has burned out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rep-tile View Post
YOU SET YOURSELF UP FOR IT!! Have you checked you blinker fluid??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxkHqPXwNZ4

Anyone with a Kuhneutson valve issue today?
I've been wondering if mine is going out. I have a strange rattle when coming to a stop. I figured I'd check my muffler bearings first before making such a purchase. I also still need to change the air in my tires to summer air.
Hers: 2000 TJ
Hers: 2010 Jetta

ChrisHager's 'Grilled' Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfaitalia View Post
"Wind them in until you strip the thread....then back a quarter turn!"
ChrisHager is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2015, 07:50 AM   #4
Zacedward
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisHager View Post

Replace your rear blinker and you should be good. The fast blinking is there to indicate a bulb has burned out.

I've been wondering if mine is going out. I have a strange rattle when coming to a stop. I figured I'd check my muffler bearings first before making such a purchase. I also still need to change the air in my tires to summer air.
Thanks
UJC #181 2004 jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7L v8, 2"bb, kolak 3 " exhaust flowmaster 50 SUV , Rola roof basket, k&n cai,245/75 /16 A/T
Unread 04-01-2015, 08:28 AM   #5
H2oallyear

Sounds like the valve train has left the station!
H2oallyear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2015, 04:07 PM   #6
Zacedward
2004 WJ 

That fixed it new bulb thanks
Unread 04-01-2015, 04:43 PM   #7
new2site
2002 WJ 

Where is the blinker fluid prone to leak from?

lol!
new2site is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2015, 04:45 PM   #8
new2site
2002 WJ 

I just drilled a hole in my lens cover...where do I purchase replacement?
Unread 04-01-2015, 07:06 PM   #9
rep-tile
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2site View Post
I just drilled a hole in my lens cover...where do I purchase replacement?
I don't see where the problem is....

But to be on the safe side, drill another hole on the opposite side in order to balance the blinker fluid distribution.
Quote:
Originally Posted by new2site View Post
Where is the blinker fluid prone to leak from?

lol!
It can be a bad blinker fluid pan seal, or the blinker fluid being used is not the correct one.

I'd love to ask what's everyone blinker fluid brand preference, but I really don't want to start an endless fight over it, ya know.

Personally I use Amsoil fully synthetic blinker fluid, because it's got higher zinc content and also because everything else is crap... again just personal preference. I totally respect the fact that other might use some other crappy brands.
Unread 04-01-2015, 07:22 PM   #10
Zacedward
2004 WJ 

Quote:

But to be on the safe side, drill another hole on the opposite side in order to balance the blinker fluid distribution.

It can be a bad blinker fluid pan seal, or the blinker fluid being used is not the correct one.

I'd love to ask what's everyone blinker fluid brand preference, but I really don't want to start an endless fight over it, ya know.

Personally I use Amsoil fully synthetic blinker fluid, because it's got higher zinc content and also because everything else is crap... again just personal preference. I totally respect the fact that other might use some other crappy brands.
That's so funny my wife really thinks this is true lol
Unread 04-01-2015, 07:59 PM   #11
new2site
2002 WJ 

Quote:

LOL!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.