Blend door motor - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Blend door motor

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!The Ruffstuff Optima Battery Box!

Unread 07-14-2013, 02:08 PM   #1
rockatansky666

Blend door motor

Are there 1 or 2 blend door motors? When I remove the glove box I see one, but is there on on the opposite side?

rockatansky666 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2013, 07:39 PM   #2
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockatansky666 View Post
Are there 1 or 2 blend door motors? When I remove the glove box I see one, but is there on on the opposite side?
Do you have one or two temperature control knobs?
One will be a single blend door.
Two will be two blend doors, one for driver, one for passenger.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner
rdkendrick is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2013, 11:40 PM   #3
rockatansky666

Yeah I have the dual zone control
Unread 07-15-2013, 01:49 PM   #4
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Yeah I have the dual zone control
Perhaps you didn't cut out the middle part. When you order blend doors, they come with instructions, or there are many YouTube videos on how to replace the blend doors. BE VERY CAREFUL when cutting, as you could cut into your heater core. If that happens, it's dash removal time.
The following images are how it should look if you cut out the middle part. You can see the one new blend door for the passenger side in one picture, also, a drawing of the new blend doors gives you an idea if what they should look like and the spacing between them.
There are several companies who sell the kit, including Mopar. Some have said Rock Auto has the same kit as Mopar, but both are plastic. I went with the aluminum doors and shaft from blendorstore.com, because I didn't trust the plastic, again. I have heard they have made the plastic much stronger, but that was my preference.

image-3593916716.jpg

image-3579462624.jpg

image-3589364456.jpg

Unread 07-15-2013, 02:52 PM   #5
rockatansky666

Ok. Thanks

For all the help. There isn't much out info here in The UK as far as RHD models go. I haven't actually done the blend doors yet but after we have moved next week then that's the next thing to do, as although we are having some summer weather here at last, I fear it won't be long before I will actually start needing the heater.

I still don't know if its the one motor controlling both of the blend doors or if the is a motor for each?
Unread 07-15-2013, 04:31 PM   #6
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Ok. Thanks

For all the help. There isn't much out info here in The UK as far as RHD models go. I haven't actually done the blend doors yet but after we have moved next week then that's the next thing to do, as although we are having some summer weather here at last, I fear it won't be long before I will actually start needing the heater.

I still don't know if its the one motor controlling both of the blend doors or if the is a motor for each?
If you have dual climate control, meaning two different temperature control knobs, with an LED read-out between them, then there are two different motors controlling the blend doors (motor for each). It is kinda confusing, but when you look at it from the glove box, the motor you see controls the driver's side blend door. The motor you cannot see controls the passenger side and can only be replaced with a dash removal. Good luck!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.