Blend door issue or air pocket in cooling system? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 02-24-2016, 07:08 AM Thread Starter
digitalgpbandit
2002 WJ 

Blend door issue or air pocket in cooling system?

So the other morning I let my Jeep warm up figuring I wouldn't freeze my *** off when I left the house. The temperature gauge was on its way up, however there was no heat coming out of any of the vents at all no matter what setting I had it on. The next time I started it up.... once it warmed up there was heat again and even after that there's still heat which is confusing me. I thought once the blend doors go they just go. I am getting a code 52 on the p/s of the display, but that's the only code in the system which has something to do with the travel of the recirculation doors being too large. I don't know how old that is though as I never thought to check it when I bought the truck. The blend doors have been repaired once before (not sure how long ago) with a hole cut behind the glovebox, but the previous owner wasn't sure if they were metal doors or plastic ones put in. I am thinking plastic because it was done at the dealer.

Now I am not sure if its the doors going out or if there was an air pocket in the heater core.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-24-2016, 04:24 PM
Skvlldvggery

I'm going through the same deal. I just found out my heater core is bad though. There's a small tube on the inside of the firewall right under the the hoses for the heater core. If it's looks moist or has coolant residue on it your core is probably leaking causing a no heat issue. Also if you haven't look pull up your carpet and make certain you don't see any small leaks from your core there also. Just something to check to be sure.
post #3 of 3 Old 02-26-2016, 07:42 AM Thread Starter
digitalgpbandit
2002 WJ 

Heat has been working the past couple days & no new codes on the hvac display. Definitely not the blend doors (yet). I did check the passenger side carpeting and under it all is dry. The coolant level is still perfect. I did have my radiator replaced a little over a month ago. Thinking I'm gonna try to burp the system again

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.