Blend door Actuators - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Blend door Actuators

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChSave 15% in XT's Pre-Black Friday Event!

Unread 10-29-2011, 07:34 PM   #1
alifted4x4
2000 WJ 

Blend door Actuators

I have searched and not come up with anything. How many blend door actuators does my jeep have? One person told me 2 and another said 3....

Thanks

2000 WJ 6 1/2" lift,IRO Coils, IRO Front ADJ Long Arms, Clayton Rear Long Arms, Bilstein 5100 Shocks, JKS Track bar, JKS Bar Pins, K & N FIPK, 265/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers, 1.5" Wheel Spacers, Addco Rear Sway Bar, IRO Rear Sway Bar Links, Flowmaster 40,2002 Cluster to be continued.....
alifted4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2011, 04:34 PM   #2
dutch724
2002 WJ 

It depends there is electronic ones and there is vacuume ones. I had mine apart last weekend and I counted 3 vacuum and one electronic.
dutch724 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2011, 05:18 PM   #3
ChiliPalmer
This is Ames Mister...

1984 XJ Cherokee 

Directly from the FSM...

BLEND DOOR ACTUATOR
DESCRIPTION
The blend door for all models is actuated by an
electric actuator, while the AZC system uses 2 separate
actuators to allow the driver and passenger to
select individual comfort levels.

To finish that statement: The manual system uses 1 actuator for the blend door and it is also electric but the manual system also uses 2 vacuum actuators to control the heat/defrost/floor doors (aka mode doors) and 1 vacuum actuator for the recirculation door.

The AZC system has a total of 4 electric actuators a) blend doors (2) b) mode doors and c) recirculation door.

Need a server? Buy this one!

COTM - October 2012!

If you want to help the sport of offroading visit the EnviroBeat Forum!

Blue Ribbon Coalition | Idaho State 4x4 Association | UFWDA | NAXJA | The KAT Team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows View Post
Oh man Chili. I feel like a recovering addict that just had a bag of blow, a bottle of Jameson, and a sack dropped in his lap. You screwed me man!
ChiliPalmer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2011, 05:20 PM   #4
ChiliPalmer
This is Ames Mister...

1984 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutch724 View Post
It depends there is electronic ones and there is vacuume ones. I had mine apart last weekend and I counted 3 vacuum and one electronic.
That would be correct. The electric one was the blend door and two of the vacuum actuators were on the drivers side of the HVAC sub assembly connected to a bunch of levers - those were the mode doors. And the third one was attached to the front passenger side of the sub assembly - that was the recirculation door.

Need a server? Buy this one!

COTM - October 2012!

If you want to help the sport of offroading visit the EnviroBeat Forum!

Blue Ribbon Coalition | Idaho State 4x4 Association | UFWDA | NAXJA | The KAT Team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows View Post
Oh man Chili. I feel like a recovering addict that just had a bag of blow, a bottle of Jameson, and a sack dropped in his lap. You screwed me man!
ChiliPalmer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2011, 05:22 PM   #5
alifted4x4
2000 WJ 

Thanks for the info!
2000 WJ 6 1/2" lift,IRO Coils, IRO Front ADJ Long Arms, Clayton Rear Long Arms, Bilstein 5100 Shocks, JKS Track bar, JKS Bar Pins, K & N FIPK, 265/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers, 1.5" Wheel Spacers, Addco Rear Sway Bar, IRO Rear Sway Bar Links, Flowmaster 40,2002 Cluster to be continued.....
alifted4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.