Biggest tire, Smallest lift... - JeepForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 65 Old 06-04-2012, 02:27 PM Thread Starter
BillyGoatBluff
Registered User
2003 WJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Thunder Bay
Posts: 82
Wj Biggest tire, Smallest lift...

Hey guys, I wanna see some pictures of the smallest lift with some big *** tires on the WJ. I remember a Jeep called "Lower 40" or something like that, was a Wrangler on 40" tires with no lift. They said it was the most expensive way to put 40's on your jeep. I don't want 40's but I do want to put a big *** tire, I don't mind cutting up my jeep. So let's see what you guys have done, any 35" tires on a BB out there, or a 3" lift with 38's or something? I think it would look really good with minimal lift and really big tires.

BillyGoatBluff is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 65 Old 06-04-2012, 02:55 PM
mreed21
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 514
35 on a budget boost. I dont think so. I have 31 and I almost rub.
mreed21 is offline  
post #3 of 65 Old 06-04-2012, 03:17 PM
adavis39
Registered User
2002 WJ 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Nashville
Posts: 2,808
ive seen someone on here say they had 34's on 3.5'' lift accomplished by cutting out the wheel wells (i havnt seen the pics though to say what it looks slike)...but if your willing to cut enough you could get some pretty good size tires on a small lift

2002 WJ Limited 4.7: 6" Clayton REALLY long arms....yep, they are longer than yours SOLD : (
1998 Platinum 5.9 DD
2007 WK Overland 5.7 wifes DD
TNJEEPS.COM

BUILD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...-crap-1399123/

"In a world that he did not create, but he will go through it as if it is his own creation. Half man, half beast, whatever it is it is weird, it is ticked off and it calls itself Slash"
adavis39 is offline  
post #4 of 65 Old 06-04-2012, 03:38 PM Thread Starter
BillyGoatBluff
Registered User
2003 WJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Thunder Bay
Posts: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by mreed21 View Post
35 on a budget boost. I dont think so. I have 31 and I almost rub.
By "almost rub" what do you mean? Like hitting something cuttable? Cause that's what I'm saying, if you can cut it and fit something bigger I wanna see it.
BillyGoatBluff is offline  
post #5 of 65 Old 06-04-2012, 03:48 PM
mreed21
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 514
I think the biggest tire anyone on this form Has is a 35.
mreed21 is offline  
post #6 of 65 Old 06-04-2012, 03:53 PM
adavis39
Registered User
2002 WJ 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Nashville
Posts: 2,808
Quote:
Originally Posted by mreed21 View Post
I think the biggest tire anyone on this form Has is a 35.
nah..ive seen a guy with 37's....cant think off hand who but its on a 6'' clayton lift and 2'' bb.. but he also run D60's

2002 WJ Limited 4.7: 6" Clayton REALLY long arms....yep, they are longer than yours SOLD : (
1998 Platinum 5.9 DD
2007 WK Overland 5.7 wifes DD
TNJEEPS.COM

BUILD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...-crap-1399123/

"In a world that he did not create, but he will go through it as if it is his own creation. Half man, half beast, whatever it is it is weird, it is ticked off and it calls itself Slash"
adavis39 is offline  
post #7 of 65 Old 06-04-2012, 04:17 PM Thread Starter
BillyGoatBluff
Registered User
2003 WJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Thunder Bay
Posts: 82
You gotta admit the Lower 40 is pretty sweet looking.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/11/03/j...rty-sema-2009/

Now I realize 40" tires are a little extreme for a WJ. Would it even be possible to do something similar?
BillyGoatBluff is offline  
post #8 of 65 Old 06-04-2012, 05:53 PM
adavis39
Registered User
2002 WJ 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Nashville
Posts: 2,808
its definately badass....and i wont say it cant be done with a WJ but it would take a ridiculous amount of work and money...id say something like A 3'' LIFT WITH 35's would be an obtainable goal....dont know if you would be able to keep it street leagl but its a cool idea imo

2002 WJ Limited 4.7: 6" Clayton REALLY long arms....yep, they are longer than yours SOLD : (
1998 Platinum 5.9 DD
2007 WK Overland 5.7 wifes DD
TNJEEPS.COM

BUILD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...-crap-1399123/

"In a world that he did not create, but he will go through it as if it is his own creation. Half man, half beast, whatever it is it is weird, it is ticked off and it calls itself Slash"
adavis39 is offline  
post #9 of 65 Old 06-04-2012, 05:57 PM
D0dgeRam1500
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Boonton Township
Posts: 961
Quote:
Originally Posted by adavis39 View Post
its definately badass....and i wont say it cant be done with a WJ but it would take a ridiculous amount of work and money...id say something like A 3'' LIFT WITH 35's would be an obtainable goal....dont know if you would be able to keep it street leagl but its a cool idea imo
I think it would easily possible with either Iceland or Bushwacker flares.

2014 Dodge Charger R/T AWD Sport - Daily Driver
2005 Jeep Wrangler Willys Edition - Weekend Toy
D0dgeRam1500 is offline  
post #10 of 65 Old 06-04-2012, 06:10 PM Thread Starter
BillyGoatBluff
Registered User
2003 WJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Thunder Bay
Posts: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by D0dgeRam1500 View Post
I think it would easily possible with either Iceland or Bushwacker flares.
That's what I was thinking. Even something custom made. I guess it would depend on what the actual limits are until you start cutting into something structural. I can't see it costing more than a 6" long arm lift, and you'd still have to do lots of trimming. Might as well keep the center of gravity low and chop, cut, rebuild. I also realize wheel travel will be reduced without a lift, but I think the cool factor would out weigh that.
BillyGoatBluff is offline  
post #11 of 65 Old 06-04-2012, 06:16 PM
skain8
Registered User
 
skain8's Avatar
2002 WJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 3,835
You would have significantly limited uptravel. I wheel with 35's and 5" lift and have heavily trimmed fenders, metal, etc.. and bumpstopped to do so from a functional standpoint. The interior of the wheelwell is the real limiting point.

If, however, you're main consideration is the "cool factor" and not function, then the sky's the limit.

'02 WJ: 4.7L, 5", HP44/9", 231HD, tall & skinny KM2's
Half-Ton axle swap guide
231HD build info

skain8 is offline  
post #12 of 65 Old 06-04-2012, 06:23 PM
adavis39
Registered User
2002 WJ 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Nashville
Posts: 2,808
Quote:
Originally Posted by skain8 View Post
You would have significantly limited uptravel. I wheel with 35's and 5" lift and have heavily trimmed fenders, metal, etc.. and bumpstopped to do so from a functional standpoint. The interior of the wheelwell is the real limiting point.

If, however, you're main consideration is the "cool factor" and not function, then the sky's the limit.
yes...to make a rig like the lower 40 your suspention system will have to be based on max downtravel because you can see even on the lower 40 jk how limited its up travel would be before he gets into those insanely high flares

2002 WJ Limited 4.7: 6" Clayton REALLY long arms....yep, they are longer than yours SOLD : (
1998 Platinum 5.9 DD
2007 WK Overland 5.7 wifes DD
TNJEEPS.COM

BUILD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...-crap-1399123/

"In a world that he did not create, but he will go through it as if it is his own creation. Half man, half beast, whatever it is it is weird, it is ticked off and it calls itself Slash"
adavis39 is offline  
post #13 of 65 Old 06-04-2012, 06:26 PM
PhantomWJ
Registered User
2003 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: IE
Posts: 3,796
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyGoatBluff View Post
Hey guys, I wanna see some pictures of the smallest lift with some big *** tires on the WJ. I remember a Jeep called "Lower 40" or something like that, was a Wrangler on 40" tires with no lift. They said it was the most expensive way to put 40's on your jeep. I don't want 40's but I do want to put a big *** tire, I don't mind cutting up my jeep. So let's see what you guys have done, any 35" tires on a BB out there, or a 3" lift with 38's or something? I think it would look really good with minimal lift and really big tires.


Im sure you havent done much research on here before regardign WJ's.

You can fit 38"s on a 3" lift if there are loaded on to a trailer that the WJ is pulling. You want 40's stock...try the nearest liquor store.

I think it will look chopped up if you try and fit 38's or 40's on such a small lift...i suppose you cold always tube it.
PhantomWJ is offline  
post #14 of 65 Old 06-04-2012, 06:30 PM Thread Starter
BillyGoatBluff
Registered User
2003 WJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Thunder Bay
Posts: 82
Yeah and with the added ground clearance of taller tires maybe a 3 or 4" lift would be all you'd need to get some good wheeling done.

This is my goal anyway, I just wanna see some pictures of guys that have done it before. Bigass tires minimal lift.
BillyGoatBluff is offline  
post #15 of 65 Old 06-04-2012, 06:34 PM Thread Starter
BillyGoatBluff
Registered User
2003 WJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Thunder Bay
Posts: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomWJ View Post
Im sure you havent done much research on here before regardign WJ's.

You can fit 38"s on a 3" lift if there are loaded on to a trailer that the WJ is pulling. You want 40's stock...try the nearest liquor store.

I think it will look chopped up if you try and fit 38's or 40's on such a small lift...i suppose you cold always tube it.
I never said I want 40's with no lift, that's insane. I said biggest tires possible with the smallest lift possible. 2" or 3" lift and 35's or bigger.
BillyGoatBluff is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Biggest tire size for a 1" lift? Brian321 WJ Grand Cherokee Forum 21 03-09-2012 07:49 AM
Biggest tire for limited V8? dizzle247 WJ Grand Cherokee Forum 3 12-04-2011 08:43 PM
Biggest tire on a WJ with 4" lift? Ljohn221 WJ Grand Cherokee Forum 3 02-18-2011 09:45 AM
Biggest Tire That Can Go On A Stock WJ? Thornton93 WJ Grand Cherokee Forum 17 10-21-2010 09:07 AM
What's the biggest tire I can run on my stock WJ?? SHOCKER WJ Grand Cherokee Forum 13 08-10-2007 07:27 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome