Biggest tire, Smallest lift... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Biggest tire, Smallest lift...

Artec Holiday Sale!Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 06-04-2012, 03:27 PM   #1
BillyGoatBluff
2003 WJ 

Wj Biggest tire, Smallest lift...

Hey guys, I wanna see some pictures of the smallest lift with some big *** tires on the WJ. I remember a Jeep called "Lower 40" or something like that, was a Wrangler on 40" tires with no lift. They said it was the most expensive way to put 40's on your jeep. I don't want 40's but I do want to put a big *** tire, I don't mind cutting up my jeep. So let's see what you guys have done, any 35" tires on a BB out there, or a 3" lift with 38's or something? I think it would look really good with minimal lift and really big tires.

BillyGoatBluff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2012, 03:55 PM   #2
mreed21
1999 WJ 

35 on a budget boost. I dont think so. I have 31 and I almost rub.
mreed21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2012, 04:17 PM   #3
adavis39
2002 WJ 

ive seen someone on here say they had 34's on 3.5'' lift accomplished by cutting out the wheel wells (i havnt seen the pics though to say what it looks slike)...but if your willing to cut enough you could get some pretty good size tires on a small lift
TNJEEPS.COM

BUILD: [B][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/utwj-build-other-crap-1399123/[/url][/B]

[B]"In a world that he did not create, but he will go through it as if it is his own creation. Half man, half beast, whatever it is it is weird, it is ticked off and it calls itself Slash"[/B]
adavis39 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2012, 04:38 PM   #4
BillyGoatBluff
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mreed21 View Post
35 on a budget boost. I dont think so. I have 31 and I almost rub.
By "almost rub" what do you mean? Like hitting something cuttable? Cause that's what I'm saying, if you can cut it and fit something bigger I wanna see it.
Unread 06-04-2012, 04:48 PM   #5
mreed21
1999 WJ 

I think the biggest tire anyone on this form Has is a 35.
mreed21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2012, 04:53 PM   #6
adavis39
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mreed21 View Post
I think the biggest tire anyone on this form Has is a 35.
nah..ive seen a guy with 37's....cant think off hand who but its on a 6'' clayton lift and 2'' bb.. but he also run D60's
TNJEEPS.COM

BUILD: [B][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/utwj-build-other-crap-1399123/[/url][/B]

[B]"In a world that he did not create, but he will go through it as if it is his own creation. Half man, half beast, whatever it is it is weird, it is ticked off and it calls itself Slash"[/B]
Unread 06-04-2012, 05:17 PM   #7
BillyGoatBluff
2003 WJ 

You gotta admit the Lower 40 is pretty sweet looking.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/11/03/j...rty-sema-2009/

Now I realize 40" tires are a little extreme for a WJ. Would it even be possible to do something similar?
Unread 06-04-2012, 06:53 PM   #8
adavis39
2002 WJ 

its definately badass....and i wont say it cant be done with a WJ but it would take a ridiculous amount of work and money...id say something like A 3'' LIFT WITH 35's would be an obtainable goal....dont know if you would be able to keep it street leagl but its a cool idea imo
TNJEEPS.COM

Unread 06-04-2012, 06:57 PM   #9
D0dgeRam1500
2006 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adavis39 View Post
its definately badass....and i wont say it cant be done with a WJ but it would take a ridiculous amount of work and money...id say something like A 3'' LIFT WITH 35's would be an obtainable goal....dont know if you would be able to keep it street leagl but its a cool idea imo
I think it would easily possible with either Iceland or Bushwacker flares.
Unread 06-04-2012, 07:10 PM   #10
BillyGoatBluff
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by D0dgeRam1500 View Post
I think it would easily possible with either Iceland or Bushwacker flares.
That's what I was thinking. Even something custom made. I guess it would depend on what the actual limits are until you start cutting into something structural. I can't see it costing more than a 6" long arm lift, and you'd still have to do lots of trimming. Might as well keep the center of gravity low and chop, cut, rebuild. I also realize wheel travel will be reduced without a lift, but I think the cool factor would out weigh that.
Unread 06-04-2012, 07:16 PM   #11
skain8
Under Construction

2002 WJ 

You would have significantly limited uptravel. I wheel with 35's and 5" lift and have heavily trimmed fenders, metal, etc.. and bumpstopped to do so from a functional standpoint. The interior of the wheelwell is the real limiting point.

If, however, you're main consideration is the "cool factor" and not function, then the sky's the limit.

*looking to buy 3" springs or swap my 4.5" springs for your 3" springs -- PM me*
skain8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2012, 07:23 PM   #12
adavis39
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by skain8 View Post
You would have significantly limited uptravel. I wheel with 35's and 5" lift and have heavily trimmed fenders, metal, etc.. and bumpstopped to do so from a functional standpoint. The interior of the wheelwell is the real limiting point.

If, however, you're main consideration is the "cool factor" and not function, then the sky's the limit.
yes...to make a rig like the lower 40 your suspention system will have to be based on max downtravel because you can see even on the lower 40 jk how limited its up travel would be before he gets into those insanely high flares
TNJEEPS.COM

Unread 06-04-2012, 07:26 PM   #13
PhantomWJ
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyGoatBluff View Post
Hey guys, I wanna see some pictures of the smallest lift with some big *** tires on the WJ. I remember a Jeep called "Lower 40" or something like that, was a Wrangler on 40" tires with no lift. They said it was the most expensive way to put 40's on your jeep. I don't want 40's but I do want to put a big *** tire, I don't mind cutting up my jeep. So let's see what you guys have done, any 35" tires on a BB out there, or a 3" lift with 38's or something? I think it would look really good with minimal lift and really big tires.

Im sure you havent done much research on here before regardign WJ's.

You can fit 38"s on a 3" lift if there are loaded on to a trailer that the WJ is pulling. You want 40's stock...try the nearest liquor store.

I think it will look chopped up if you try and fit 38's or 40's on such a small lift...i suppose you cold always tube it.
PhantomWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2012, 07:30 PM   #14
BillyGoatBluff
2003 WJ 

Yeah and with the added ground clearance of taller tires maybe a 3 or 4" lift would be all you'd need to get some good wheeling done.

This is my goal anyway, I just wanna see some pictures of guys that have done it before. Bigass tires minimal lift.
Unread 06-04-2012, 07:34 PM   #15
BillyGoatBluff
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomWJ View Post
Im sure you havent done much research on here before regardign WJ's.

You can fit 38"s on a 3" lift if there are loaded on to a trailer that the WJ is pulling. You want 40's stock...try the nearest liquor store.

I think it will look chopped up if you try and fit 38's or 40's on such a small lift...i suppose you cold always tube it.
I never said I want 40's with no lift, that's insane. I said biggest tires possible with the smallest lift possible. 2" or 3" lift and 35's or bigger.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.