BF Goodrich All Terrain or Dunlop Mud Rover? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > BF Goodrich All Terrain or Dunlop Mud Rover?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 10-11-2013, 04:52 PM   #1
connorsaul

BF Goodrich All Terrain or Dunlop Mud Rover?

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forums and I have a 2004 WJ. I'm looking into the Rough Country 4" X Series Lift. I'm also looking to invest in 32x11.5 r15 tires. I would like to know everyone's thoughts on the BF Goodrich All Terrain or Dunlop Radial Mud Rover. This will be my DD and I'm looking for a nice trail rig.

Thanks guys,

CS

connorsaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2013, 05:06 PM   #2
JeepDad71
2002 WJ 

these weren't on your list but the General AT'2 rock.. last a lot longer then the BFG and Im a huge BFG fan...good luck
JeepDad71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2013, 05:39 PM   #3
MichaelS75
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepDad71
these weren't on your list but the General AT'2 rock.. last a lot longer then the BFG and Im a huge BFG fan...good luck
Hey how would you rate the GG AT2's when it comes to mud and snow? I've got the bfg at's on my f350 and they're great but so damn expensive
MichaelS75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2013, 05:52 PM   #4
4x4fvr

BFG AT KO all day. Last forever, quiet, and dig like a mole. There is a reason they are expensive. You get what you pay for.
4x4fvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2013, 06:08 PM   #5
jay-h
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Ive done very will with BFG AT KO. Much better rain performance than my previous Continentals and quieter too. My last set lasted close to 80K, I'm on another set now.

They're good in rain, ok in snow, pretty good in general off roading, but not particularly good in mud.

wife's toys
97 Grand Cherokee (ZJ)
87 MB 560SL roadster
jay-h is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2013, 09:12 PM   #6
88yjproject
2002 WJ 

AT2's do good in mud, snow, sand, and are great on the road. BFG's are built better and have a better reputation.
Unread 10-11-2013, 10:40 PM   #7
JeepNowski

2004 WJ 

I can tell you from personal experience that the BFG AT K/Os are a very quite tire for an AT on the road and they did great for me in light mud, fairly thick sugar sand, and rocky terrain but nothing spectacular. They did their job and I never got stuck because of the tire......Only my own stupidity when I tried to do something that I shouldn't have, which I guess is the best you can ask for.....Also, my BFGs lasted close to 80k miles without rotating as often as I should have. Rotate them properly and I have no doubts that they'll last 80K miles +.

I have nothing to add on the Dunlops.....Never owned any of those.
JeepNowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2013, 08:13 AM   #8
C101Commando

I stopped buying BFG ATs when the prices went up.. tried Bridgestone revos, nice for 10k, then turned to junk. Tried Yokohama ATs, good, but very mild tread that's fine in the deserty area I live in. Tried nitto tera grapplers, ok but wore fast. Now I'm on the general at2s, so far I think I've found a new standard. Basically the same performance as my old favorite BFG ATs, but 40% less $$$..
Unread 10-12-2013, 02:59 PM   #9
2ndhandWJman
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by C101Commando View Post
Basically the same performance as my old favorite BFG ATs, but 40% less $$$..
This was my experience with the Generals. I used them on my old F350 when it was new tire time. I was very impressed at how quiet they were on the highway. They worked very well in the rain and snow, they supported the weight of anything that got dumped into the bed of the truck. I had no issues with those tires at all and when I sold the truck in the spring, I had about 20K hard miles on them and they showed no signs of wear.

I had load range E on the truck, the same load range that the BFG's were. I personally wouldn't put a tire with that kind of load rating on a WJ, the Jerps just don't weigh enough to make use of them. I'd be looking at a load range C at the highest, but honestly a P rated tire is fine for these vehicles.
2ndhandWJman is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.