best oil and filter for my 2002 2.7crd ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > best oil and filter for my 2002 2.7crd ?

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 04-08-2013, 08:26 AM   #1
limyjeepster
2002 WJ 

Question best oil and filter for my 2002 2.7crd ?

Hi All after a little research Mobil seem to advise 0-40 Mobil 1 for the Jeep 2.7CRD any thoughts from you high milers out there on oil brands ? it very rearley gets above 20c hear in the uk and has been almost sub zero for most of the last 5 months also K&N Air filter Oil Filter or OEM... just want to fit the best... all advice apreciated
regards to all from the UK

limyjeepster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2013, 09:24 AM   #2
KayCeeJeep
2004 WJ 

Isn't that a diesel? We don't have them here in the US. Mobil 1 0w40 is fantastic oil but it is not diesel rated as far as I know. IMO you need to stick with diesel oil. There are some Jeep guys from the UK on here hopefully they will chime in.

K&N air filters let a lot of contamination in, not a good idea for a diesel either IMO they run dirty enough as it is. Actually the Mopar air filter is great if you can find it, otherwise a good aftermarket would be a better choice.
KayCeeJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2013, 10:03 AM   #3
limyjeepster
2002 WJ 

according to mobil the corect oil for the 2.7 is the Mobil 1™ Turbo Diesel 0W-40 i just shortend it to 0 - 40 was just cheking to see if any other users agree as for air filter thanks for the info... just replaced rear disks and pads to find the rear calipers keep sticking looks like new calipers are on order next.... thanks for the input a few more opinions would be appreciated.. regards mark
Unread 04-08-2013, 10:13 AM   #4
alfaitalia
CRD Pilot!

2004 WJ 

Paper air filter...does not seem to matter which in my experience! I use the paper ones with the layer of foam for a bit of extra life to the the filter. Any fully synth oil of the right grade....whatever I can get a deal on but not shops home brew!

Just rebuild the calipers. Just did all four of mine...dead easy. Took about 1/2 an hour per corner. My seals were good...reused them... but the bores had a layer of build up stopping the piston sliding easily. No cost except your time and 1/2 a litre of brake fluid or so.
Unread 04-08-2013, 02:35 PM   #5
limyjeepster
2002 WJ 

nice 1 alfa i get ver good discount on mobil 1 so will go with the Mobil 1™ Turbo Diesel 0W-40 also gona drop the gearbox sump and change fluid n filter thought it may be a good idea to do the diffs as well cant see a drain bung so i imagine its seringe it out and fill till it trickles out and i also see a mention of friction modifier how do i know which one is correct for the 2.7crd ?... ok hear is a newby question acording to data i also have a transfer case not sure where this is ? imagine its after the gearbox.. i whish there was a paper manuel for the 2.7 crd... so much to learn... ps thax for the advice about moding the bulk head has made doing the injectors a breaze... thnx again..
Unread 04-08-2013, 03:30 PM   #6
alfaitalia
CRD Pilot!

2004 WJ 

Ok . You can syringe the oil out of the difs but you won't get any metal particles out that way or be able to check its condition. Take the covers off clean it out and rtv the covers back on. Use quality dif oil.
If near your gear selector levers it says QuadradrIve (unlikely) then that what you have and you need friction modifier in the axles only. If it says Quadratrac (most likely) then you don't need fm. Either way the transfer case is the same one and needs the factory spec fluid ONLY...mopar if you can find it (discontinued in the UK) Petronas other wise.
You are correct about the tc location.
If you hunt back to one of my early threads you will find a link to pdf versions of the CRD parts manual and factory service manual. Download it and just print pages as you need them. Would put link on here but can't do it on my phone. Cheers!

EDIT; Found the Parts and service manual link:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/...ested-1308213/

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using JeepForum
Unread 05-23-2013, 02:25 PM   #7
HARRISON111
2004 WJ 

You know your stuff alf
HARRISON111 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.