Best front bumper and winch - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Best front bumper and winch

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueBlack Friday SALE! Up to 20% off at Diode Dynamics!

Unread 01-12-2013, 11:21 AM   #16
The_Eng
2002 WJ 

The LSR bumpers are out of production currently while he is sourcing a new company to do the fab work. I agree it's the best bumper available. If you have to have one now the ARB is a good bumper too, just not as clean looking as LSR

The_Eng is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2013, 11:22 AM   #17
Ffrh911

Shipping or availability issue or like the part itself?
Ffrh911 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2013, 11:23 AM   #18
Ffrh911

Oh damn has there been any update or time of finding someone new?
Ffrh911 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2013, 11:30 AM   #19
brianestep
2000 WJ 

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/z...ml#post2675388

AND!

http://fortcollins.craigslist.org/pts/3484067253.html

This guy has been selling that for awhile... he says FIRM but I bet he might have a different tune this year
-Brian- 2000 WJ Four liter, 4" RC springs; Bilstein 5100s; JKS trackbar w/KOR bushings; Stillen rotors; KOR (RC) 1.5" wheel spacers; 265/75/16 Treadwright Guard Dogs; Rusty AirTube, Amsoil Cone; Thule M.O.A.B.; Bumper delete; rear seat disco
brianestep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2013, 05:09 PM   #20
otherwisebusy
2000 WJ 

So if I have a 2.5" lift on my WJ and an LSR bumper, can i run 32" Rubicons without tearing off my washer bottle and rubbing or stuff like that?
2014 GC Limited, Off road adventure II, quadra drive, quadralift, luxury, NAV. UJC#141
otherwisebusy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2013, 05:11 PM   #21
Rocklobster
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Nope..... and stuff like that
Rocklobster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2013, 10:19 PM   #22
Jagdpanzer
2004 WJ 

Digging this one myself....http://bluelakeoffroad.com/pinnacle/...id=54&parent=8
Jagdpanzer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2013, 12:51 AM   #23
85IrocZ-28
1999 WJ 

Seriously, how many company names will Kennesaw Mountain Accessories go through. It seems like there is a new name each year. They are known for poor fitment, Require welding of the bumper itself (incomplete products), slow shipping time... That said, it is a good price for a fairly decent looking bumper. Hopefully things have improved, and the company is able to deliver products more effectively.

BUT...
6 posts and you registered in 2008...You have raised suspicion. My guess is you work for Blue Lake, Kennesaw, or whatever the company is calling themselves these days.
*Project Yeti* 99 JGC Limited 4.7 w/6.5" Rockkrawler LA & IRO A-arm, Goodyear MTR 35's on MB TKO's, 4.56 Yukon's, Iceland Offroad Bumper/Flares/Sliders, Protofab Rear Carrier, SuperChips, Uniden/Firestick, Flowmaster, Smittybilt 8k Synthetic Line Winch.

My Jeep is Organic - Undercoated in 100% all natural Utah Dirt --- Utah Jeep Crew #49 ~Will
2012 JeepForum GCOTY --- [URL=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-yeti-abominable-wj-1125665/]Project Yeti Build Thread[/URL]
85IrocZ-28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2013, 01:41 AM   #24
Jagdpanzer
2004 WJ 

Dude, just started looking at bumpers for my WJ this week, The only ulterior motive I have is I live maybe 45 minutes from their shop and can save the $150 freight fee by picking up from them direct.

By all means, recommend and buy whatever you like...
Unread 05-03-2013, 10:50 AM   #25
85IrocZ-28
1999 WJ 

Thanks for posting back to clarify, it just sounded like a plug. It is always good when vendors post as long as they ID themselves.

The bumpers look good, especially the f/r together. From what I have seen others post though, I would take your tools, arrive early in the day, and test fit while there.
*Project Yeti* 99 JGC Limited 4.7 w/6.5" Rockkrawler LA & IRO A-arm, Goodyear MTR 35's on MB TKO's, 4.56 Yukon's, Iceland Offroad Bumper/Flares/Sliders, Protofab Rear Carrier, SuperChips, Uniden/Firestick, Flowmaster, Smittybilt 8k Synthetic Line Winch.

My Jeep is Organic - Undercoated in 100% all natural Utah Dirt --- Utah Jeep Crew #49 ~Will
2012 JeepForum GCOTY --- [URL=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-yeti-abominable-wj-1125665/]Project Yeti Build Thread[/URL]
85IrocZ-28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2013, 01:53 PM   #26
Jagdpanzer
2004 WJ 

After splitting the top of my front fascia with a 2 mph impact I decided to look for something stronger that will last. The bumper does look good, but I didn't know about their past history.
Still, to save the freight fee it might be worth a little extra hassle. I would be a complete newbie on this upgrade, but I can turn a bolt and drill a hole, so maybe it's do-able on my end...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.