Best front bumper and winch - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Best front bumper and winch

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-11-2013, 09:46 PM   #1
Ffrh911

Best front bumper and winch

Looking to replace the front bumper to put in a bumper, brush guard, with a winch assembly. Lol i know that doesnt make sense. Just looking for a good set up that looks great and can hold to pull me out when stuck. Is there anything that comes with a winch? And whats a goood brand warn?

Thanks and sorry for the newb posts ive never owned a jeep just everything else!

Ffrh911 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2013, 11:32 PM   #2
85IrocZ-28
1999 WJ 

The LSR bumper Is the best IMO, ProtoFab and ARB are other options. Bumpers do not come with winches, you need to buy that separate. There are many brands, I just bought a smittybuilt 8k synthetic line winch. It should be a good middle of the line winch. warn has always had a good reputation, but it seems way too expensive as mine will only see periodic use.
*Project Yeti* 99 JGC Limited 4.7 w/6.5" Rockkrawler LA & IRO A-arm, Goodyear MTR 35's on MB TKO's, 4.56 Yukon's, Iceland Offroad Bumper/Flares/Sliders, Protofab Rear Carrier, SuperChips, Uniden/Firestick, Flowmaster, Smittybilt 8k Synthetic Line Winch.

My Jeep is Organic - Undercoated in 100% all natural Utah Dirt --- Utah Jeep Crew #49 ~Will
2012 JeepForum GCOTY --- [URL=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-yeti-abominable-wj-1125665/]Project Yeti Build Thread[/URL]
85IrocZ-28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2013, 11:40 PM   #3
240impala
2003 WJ 

Custom 4x4 fab! I love mine it's been through heck and back. It's made of good thick steel and the price was pretty darn good!

[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wj-slow-but-getting-there-1153271/[/url]

IRO 6.5" lift, IRO Front long arms, rear iro adj upper a arm and adj rear lower, custom 4x4 fab front bumper, rough country winch, 15" crager soft 8's, procomp 35-12.50 tire, fenders trimmed KOR light bar, malone roof rack
240impala is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2013, 11:51 PM   #4
Ffrh911

Wow im picky about my bumpers and that lsr is perfect. There is no price on the site but i see they had them
For 1300 in 2009 when they first started making them. Lmk if you know the current price
Unread 01-11-2013, 11:54 PM   #5
Ffrh911

That one is very nice although the lsr Looks like it blends in better. Thanks for your opinions i really appriciate any help!
Unread 01-12-2013, 12:04 AM   #6
alfaitalia
CRD Pilot!

2004 WJ 

LSR would be top or my list.....if it was not for the cost. I would like bumpers front (with winch) and rear for mine but the cost is real high. Thats why in putting together a "behind the std bumper" winch mount like I gcjeepIng,s thread. I have found the odd good deal on used in the US but the deal has died when the vendor quotes four or five hundred dollars for shipping due to high weight. Do any of you UK Jeepers know or a good source over here or any UK made ones?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using JeepForum
Unread 01-12-2013, 12:12 AM   #7
Ffrh911

I have a buddy that moved back by you ill ask him
Unread 01-12-2013, 01:01 AM   #8
texlurch
2002 WJ 

I tried and tried to get any info on the LSR to order without any luck. Gave up and plan to fab a hidden mount instead and save the 100-120 lbs off the front end.
Colorado Jeep Club Member #383
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2013, 01:05 AM   #9
Timbo24
2000 WJ 

I think most here would agree the Iceland is the best. It is a steel subframe with an actual fiberglass bumper that covers the winch mount. the company just went out of business though so they are rather hard to come by but they are out there
Timbo24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2013, 01:12 AM   #10
Ffrh911

Those are very clean. I was thinking something all metal that can take goin through brush when i have to
Unread 01-12-2013, 04:18 AM   #11
D0dgeRam1500
2006 KJ Liberty 

Flatland4x4 sells CAD plans to build your own bumper.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using JeepForum
Unread 01-12-2013, 04:35 AM   #12
Rocklobster
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Lsr
Rocklobster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2013, 09:50 AM   #13
Ffrh911

Whats the price on lsr anyone? Cant find it online anywhere
Unread 01-12-2013, 10:11 AM   #14
motodude248
2002 WJ 

I heard that Kevin's Offroad is starting to sell the LSR front bumper. Have not been on their site to confirm that though.
motodude248 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2013, 10:18 AM   #15
Rocklobster
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

KOR always sold them. I heard there was an issue at LSR. I'm sure things will get straightened up.
Rocklobster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.