Bent pushrod? 2004 4.7L WJ - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Bent pushrod? 2004 4.7L WJ

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 11-24-2013, 10:12 PM   #16
doorjamm
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by three_jeeps

well ya, ya did....thread envy???
Haha woops just a little jealousy

doorjamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2013, 10:31 PM   #17
99_wj_QD
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by car5car View Post
It usually takes about 1 min to fix lifter tick and I did it probably 50 times.
Really? How did you manage that with hydraulic, non adjustable lifters?
99_wj_QD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2013, 11:23 PM   #18
mycreativename
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99_wj_QD View Post
Really? How did you manage that with hydraulic, non adjustable lifters?
mycreativename is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2013, 04:03 AM   #19
Darnice
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86cj74.2L View Post
Their is a air pump operated by vacuum that makes a pretty loud tapping sound. Its mounted on the drivers fender. You can't miss it.

Put your hand on it and you will be able to feel the tap. If its in time with the engine noise forget about it. That's what I did.

On a side note my work partner has a old ford ranger. When you tell him his engine is making noise. He says its made that same noise for 20 years. When it stops he will worry.
This is an 04, no air pump on the fender, it was relocated to the back beside the gas tank.
Darnice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2013, 04:13 AM   #20
86cj74.2L
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darnice
This is an 04, no air pump on the fender, it was relocated to the back beside the gas tank.
My 04 Laredo has it on the inner fender and so does my mother in laws 04 limited.

Its mounted near the top of the drivers inner fender. Can't miss it. It's got two vacuum diaphragms and hard plastic lines and a funky S shaped mount to try and isolate the bumping noise. (A recall for that noise resulted in the S shaped mount bracked to try and isolate the noise) I'd take a picture but its at mother in laws hooked to the battery tender. I'll be there to run the dogs this afternoon and try and remember to snap a picture.
86cj74.2L is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.