BCM Issues? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > BCM Issues?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 10-18-2013, 05:07 AM   #1
JeepsOLot
1992 YJ Wrangler 

BCM Issues?

We had the strangest things happen at once last night. This is an '04 GC Laredo with the 4.0.

The interior lights would stay on, even while driving. The driver's side door will not lock and unlock with the fob, and when I try to unlock and lock all doors at the drivers side door, only that drivers side door works. And, even when the horn chirping and lights flash when the doors are locked from the fob is selected, none works when using the fob.

Now, I did pull the battery cable for 5 mins, and got the interior lights to work as they should, but, still have the other problems. Anyone had issues like this, is it the BCM or something else? Thanks!

Jerry

Unread 10-18-2013, 08:43 PM   #2
JeepsOLot
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Well, I found a broken wire between the passenger side front door and the body. Fixing that fixed the door locking issues. I disconnected the battery for 20 mins, and that seemed to fix the other issues. We'll see if that truly fixed everything, I hope so!

Jerry

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.