Bad calipers/ master cylinder / brake lines?? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 03-19-2012, 09:50 PM Thread Starter
brycherokee87
2015 JK Wrangler 

Wj Bad calipers/ master cylinder / brake lines??

Sorry everyone, I have been putting post after post. I have a bad grinding/rubbing and noise when braking. I have a brake light on, which switches every other week from the abs light to the brake light. After parking I smell a burning front the front tires, but the car does not pull to on side or another when I brake. Hooked it up to the computer and it's reading bad abs sensors, and bad brake fluid sensor..the reservoir is full. I can careless if I have no abs, I just want the truck to stop smoothly. Could these braking issues be caused from a bad caliper, master cylinder, or a bad brake line? I took it to jeep and they have no idea, I changed the pads and rotors also. So that's not the issue.

The jeep mechanics told me I have bad carrier bearings and pinion bearings in the front, not sure if that would be causing my braking issue or has anything to do with it. Thank you everyone

02 WJ, 4.0 155k

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-20-2012, 10:11 AM
RebelX
1999 WJ 

Smells like burning what? Hot brakes? You may have a stuck caliper slide. That can cause a pad to stay in constant contact with the rotor and eventually smoke the pads. A bad brake hose can cause similar issues, and it may not always look bad. They can break down on the inside and cause the caliper to hang.
post #3 of 3 Old 03-20-2012, 01:58 PM Thread Starter
brycherokee87
2015 JK Wrangler 

oh sorry, it smells like burning rubber from the front wheel. when the guy did my hubs he put the truck on a lift and let the calipers hang freely, which i didnt like. when i left the shop my brake light when on, and when driving and applying the brakes I heard a snap from the front end if i braked hard. Now I have a grinding and rubbing noise, and the front right wheel smells like burning rubber.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.