AZC fault codes 54,56.....best way to fix blend doors - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > AZC fault codes 54,56.....best way to fix blend doors

G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 02-07-2014, 03:36 PM   #1
bh_04WJOL
2004 WJ 

AZC fault codes 54,56.....best way to fix blend doors

So just to start off

Fault code 54: left temperature door travel too large
Fault code 56: right temperature door travel too large

Done a little research just to confirm that my blend doors are starting to go, so far I still have heat and ac on either one but recently it seems difficult to bump the temp up.

I came across this website that sells the replacement parts for about $100 and shows instructions about cutting into the housing to get to the blend doors to replacement.

Just wondering if anyone has done this method and the best way to cut that slot and replace it afterwards?

http://www.jgcparts.com/JeepHeaterInstallation.html

I'm fine with doing the work myself since I know that this can be a $1500 fix at a dealer since they go by the book and take the entire dash apart.

2004 GC Overland 4.7L H.O. 80,xxx

Thanks!

bh_04WJOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2014, 05:54 PM   #2
msd58
1999 WJ 

I am right there too. I have done extensive research. Evan Mopar had these kits available to dealers to the thru the glove box fix. jgcparts.com and blenddorstore.com seem to have the best ones out there.

http://www.denlorstools.com/autoblog...d-door-repair/
msd58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2014, 08:41 PM   #3
mnwildfan2k

I just did mine with the JGC kit a few months ago. I was able to get the HVAC box cut with one of those right angle vibrating saws with a skinny blade. Don't remember what the thing is actually called. The JGC kit comes with foil tape to seal up the hole with the part you cut out initially. Directions are really good. Follow them to a T and you'll be just fine...
mnwildfan2k is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.