AZC fault code 14 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > AZC fault code 14

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 06-07-2013, 08:09 AM   #1
2000limited
2000 WJ 

AZC fault code 14

Hey everyone, for the longest my air conditioner has been blowing warm air, or should I say outside air. When I drove back home a couple of weeks ago me and my dad got some freon and charged the system. It took the freon but when we were running the AC he said it sounded as if the compressor wasn't coming on. It never phased me until then because that was the only time I ran it with the hood up. So when I get back down to Oklahoma where I go to school I checked for the codes and that's when I discovered the fault code 14 ( AI recirc motor not responding). My question is where do I start? I've been reading up and some people are saying it can be fixed without removing the dash and some are saying the opposite, and a couple of times I read about the wiring melting that's connected to the blower motor. I've been so busy getting ready for my flight instructor checkride with the FAA that I haven't had a chance to remove my glove compartment and look under there, or really start anywhere.

Thanks guys, and gals.

2000limited is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 11:30 AM   #2
Schlotzky
2007 XK Commander 

The recirc code isn't going to affect your A/C temperature. If the compressor isn't engaging, you're not going to get cold air.

You probably saw a few people mention "fixing" the recirc door without removing the dash, but 99% of those "fixes" aren't fixes at all, but rather forcing the door into one position or the other. The only fail safe and proper way to FIX the recirc door is by removing the dash and replacing the door and drive connector assembly. Depending on how your door broke, it might be possible to fix the door for a time by drilling a hole through the door and connector assembly and inserting a very small screw or similar, as I believe a member recently did. But that takes a little more finesse and a specific mode of failure that isn't always the case.
Schlotzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 09:00 PM   #3
2000limited
2000 WJ 

Oh ok. All the research made it seem like it did regulate the temp in some fashion, and I actually got in there today and accidentally broke the door off the hinge smh. I was able to prop It back to the position it was in originally. I feel like a complete idiot, but I guess my best bet is going to be to turn towards the compressor.
Unread 06-12-2013, 05:38 PM   #4
2000limited
2000 WJ 

A little update, So i went to Firestone and had them look at it to see what could possible becausing the A/C compressor not to engage. They said it could possibly be too many shims between the compressor and the A/C clutch making the gap too big, and causing the compressor not to engage. To remove the shims they wanted $170 because they have to remove the compressor also, and I didn't want to spend that right at that moment so i could research more. Is it possible to get this done at a cheaper price? I know Firestone is known to be a little on the pricey side. I change my oil and do everything else myself so it would be nice to do it myself but I don't want to destroy anything, and from my understanding the system would have to be drained of freon before I could remove the compressor.Im just looking for a little more insight, especially with Oklahoma summer's being brutal as they are.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.