Awful squeaking noise.. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Awful squeaking noise..

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 11-27-2013, 06:35 AM   #1
sage39henry
2002 WJ 

Awful squeaking noise..

Hey guys, the wj is making a pretty loud and annoying squeak. Its only while driving, whenever i am stopped it does not make the noise. It sounds like its coming from the front, almost like a belt squeal but wouldnt that be all the time. But i am not 100% sure where the noise is from. I know i need to replace an axle seal on the driver side rear. Is that the culprit? Driveshaft related? Brakes? I guess i just need a place to start. Thanks for your time. Have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Unread 11-27-2013, 06:51 AM   #2
marcall
2004 WJ 

yeah, a belt noise would make it regardless of moving or not. Could be brakes. Take note of when it does it. Does it go away if you lightly apply the brake pedal? Turning to one side, etc?
marcall is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2013, 07:15 AM   #3
sage39henry
2002 WJ 

It gets a little more quiet while slowing down
Unread 11-27-2013, 07:25 AM   #4
marcall
2004 WJ 

well the easiest way to eliminate if it's coming from a belt or accessory is to pull the belt and run it, see if the noise goes away.
marcall is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2013, 04:01 PM   #5
sage39henry
2002 WJ 

def not belt. um my ABS light is on though and we have got a lot of snow the past couple days and its doing it for a while but not as loud or as often. ABS light have something to do with it?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.