auto headlights - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > auto headlights

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 03-21-2010, 09:58 PM   #1
jdnet

auto headlights

Hi guys,
A new Wj owner here. I owned a dodge intrepid before I totalled it and got my WJ a few weeks ago. I have a questions about the auto headlights in the WJ. In my trep I had the wiring in place and just had to add the sun sensor and the auto headlight switch. I looked at the WJ and there isn't any wiring where the sensor mounts. So my question would be how to to get the sensor and new auto headlight switch to work.

Thanks in advance,
Don

Last edited by jdnet; 03-21-2010 at 11:12 PM..
jdnet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2010, 12:14 AM   #2
ZJ5point2GCL
1998 ZJ 

what trim level? laredo?
Unread 03-22-2010, 12:24 AM   #3
jdnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJ5point2GCL View Post
what trim level? laredo?
2000 laredo
Unread 03-22-2010, 08:10 AM   #4
sontog
2004 WJ 

I have a 2004 GC, and I think that from 1999 to 2004 the wiring for the the sensor is there.. I installed a Factory set of foglights and it came with the sensor I don't know if jjeeps .com will tell you where the wiring is for the sensor, it would be worth a check, You have to pull the guage cluster out and it is located up to the top inside the dash, you will have to look very carefully to see it I think its taped up at the top, Hope this helps
sontog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2010, 08:16 AM   #5
LordHobbit
1993 ZJ 

That should be wjjeeps.com Jeep Grand Cherokee WJ - Auto headlamps and headlamp alignment this should give you some info

Isn't red the only color a vehicle should be?
If at first you don't succeed, use more speed.
LordHobbit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2010, 10:50 AM   #6
jdnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by sontog View Post
I have a 2004 GC, and I think that from 1999 to 2004 the wiring for the the sensor is there.. I installed a Factory set of foglights and it came with the sensor I don't know if jjeeps .com will tell you where the wiring is for the sensor, it would be worth a check, You have to pull the guage cluster out and it is located up to the top inside the dash, you will have to look very carefully to see it I think its taped up at the top, Hope this helps
I never looked inside the dash. Just the top. I guess I will have a look at that in a little bit. Thanks for the info.

BTW. Got another question. I bought a whole steering colum and it came with steering wheel controls. Would the controls work once I put the new clock spring in?
Unread 03-23-2010, 01:24 AM   #7
jdnet

Thanks, Sontog. I looked under that dash and found the harness for the sun sensor. Pluiged it in and my auto headlights work now. The only thing I didnt get to yet is installing the clock spring for radio controls and the auto dimming mirror. Oh yeah I love how the guys at the salvage yard refused to believe me when I said I could hook up auto headlights and steering wheel controls into a jeep without them. I've done it plenty of times with intrepid and I don't see why it cant be done with a jeep.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.