Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Anyone using a Freedom Off-Road Suspension Lift Kit?

23K views 24 replies 11 participants last post by  +GRAVES+ 
#1 ·
Looking for opinions of people that have installed/have experience with this particular kit

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291813226557

How does it handle compared to stock? Any issues? Praises? Complaints?

Did you need to add rear upper CA's or... anything... to help improve overall performance?

My '99 WJ has 95k miles, old man driven for the past 13+ years. Components seem to be in good shape

I just want a mild lift & the price of this kit + shipping is in my ballpark

thanks in advance

#4 ·
Thx. I've seen/heard good reviews of those other springs/kits & the price of the parts isn't that much more. But shipping is why I'm looking at this kit. Its a substantial price difference to ship the other products to me. The freedom ad says their spring rates "exceed OEM standards". I'll email and see if I can get more info. Thanks

#8 ·
I agree with Kolak that its probably representative photo. So hard for me to agree it looks cheap without seeing the real thing. I'll investigate more. If it the results look bad, I'll wait until something comes up for sale locally, or hit up Kolak next time I'm in AZ. No big hurry here. Thanks

Oh lastly- would I want to get longer rear UCA's with a 2" spring lift?

#9 ·
You can get the 2.5" front/2" rear spring lift from fat bobs garage for the same price. Probably pay an additional $30 for shipping though. You won't need anything else for 2" lift. Shocks is all you need. They also have 2" front and rear for same price if you don't want the level look.

#14 ·
Thanks. I've been dealing with high shipping for the last 20 years. I'm good at finding ways to make it work. If a company doesn't want to work with me on shipping, I look for one that will. Sometimes it's easier to buy parts when I'm in the lower 48 and check in as luggage on the flight home. Or perhaps I will buy springs online & shocks locally. There's always an answer, somewhere...

When I post a question like this on jeepforum, I also am searching locally & the interweb for an answer. Currently I'm trying to decide which lift kit to choose. Shipping is a factor. So I'm checking out everything that's available & trying to figure it out. Fat Bobs shipping is more than I want to spend, so I can check them off my list. Freedom Off-road is a mystery kit & if they don't get back to me about the questions I sent to them, I'll check them off my list too.

And the search continues! :cheers2:

#17 ·
No response from Freedom off-road after 4 days. So F-em. I just bought a kit from Kolak. 3" front/2.5" rear lift. combo of OME/Billstein/IRO. Should do the trick.

* I should add that Kolak was very thorough. He got shipping down to a reasonable cost & the parts were priced much better than I could find online. Thanks!

#23 ·
Had one. It was not worth it, wound up later ditching it for a 4.5" Clayton Long Arm kit and Bilstein 5100/5125s. The Freedom Offroad shocks were possibly the worst shocks I've owned.

You did good buying Kolak's suggested products. He won't steer you wrong.

John

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.