Anyone running Cooper ST Maxx Tires - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Anyone running Cooper ST Maxx Tires

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Savvy FREE SHIPPING!Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 06-19-2013, 02:26 PM   #1
thechainrule

Anyone running Cooper ST Maxx Tires

Now that my jeep is lifted a couple of inches im looking for a decent tire to replace my aging michelins. Looks like the Cooper ST Maxx tires are getting solid reviews across the board, the look badA$$, but they also look heavy, can anyone with an i6 vouch for their performance? Worth the money? Im on the road 95% of the time but no stranger to rough fire roads, gravel roads, snow and wet roads.

I am between those and a set of BFG rugged terrains (I can get a deal on).

Looking at size 245/75/16.

thechainrule is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2013, 03:37 PM   #2
PLAN D

I was looking at them when i replaced my STT. Since the only come in a E load they are heavy which will make for a bit of a rough ride.
PLAN D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2013, 06:23 PM   #3
jserna
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I really like the look of the tires too! They are coming out with 25-30 more sizes this year. I would bet that c and d loads will be included.
jserna is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2013, 07:08 AM   #4
thechainrule

I guess it may pay off to wait a bit then.
Unread 06-20-2013, 01:39 PM   #5
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

I would love to run these tires, but alas the size(s) I want aren't available. All of the reviews I have found on them say they are extremely heavy but also very quiet and well-mannered on-road. A great hybrid A/T!.
billzcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2013, 10:31 PM   #6
PLAN D

Depending on your size check out Mickey Thompson new ATZ Plus3 and the new Dick Cepek Fun Country. Also Atturo Trail Blades look interesting.
PLAN D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2013, 11:14 AM   #7
RIPNBST
2004 WJ 

I would stay away from Atturo until they are further proven unless you get a screaming deal on them and are willing to be a guinea pig of sorts.
RIPNBST is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2013, 11:17 AM   #8
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

Mickey Thompson makes some amazing tires. They sure don't come cheap though!! Cooper actually bought Mickey Thompson and I see some MT design influences in their newest tires.

The Dick Cepek FCs only come in E-rated (I thought). They have a great reputation for being a tough, long-lasting, heavy tire, but I think they are better for the full-size truck community than our relatively-light Jeeps. I was wheeling with a guy on FC-IIs and he was aired down to about 10psi and they didn't even look aired down since the sidewalls are so firm.
billzcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2013, 11:40 AM   #9
thechainrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by jserna View Post
I really like the look of the tires too! They are coming out with 25-30 more sizes this year. I would bet that c and d loads will be included.
Do you know when they are coming out with the new sizes?
Unread 06-25-2013, 05:21 PM   #10
jserna
1987 YJ Wrangler 

According to cooper themselves by the end of the year. I had emailed them that question and that was the response. Also I had emailed falken tires inquiring about their at2's that are listed at several stores such as discount. I was hoping that they were going to come out with a hybrid tire like the dura track or st maxx, however they told me that the new at2's will only have a different rubber compound and slightly thicker sidewalls but tread pattern will be the same.
jserna is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2013, 06:04 PM   #11
SirCussFreq
1999 WJ 

With regards to the fact that they're heavy, keep in mind that while they'll slow you down on the road, heavier tires and rims will help lower the center of gravity, which is always a good thing in a lifted WJ! I'm not sure exactly how much 30-40 extra lbs on each corner will actually offset the CoG, but it's there... Is it worth it? /shrug
SirCussFreq is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.