Anyone recognize this hose....? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Anyone recognize this hose....?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 07-05-2013, 01:44 PM   #1
tensbar

Anyone recognize this hose....?

I put a screw in it to focus better, it is just hanging and goes into the wall just about under the passenger head light. getting a code for vacuum leak and found this while going through all the hoses I could find. Never noticed it before but that does not mean much.

photo-1-.jpg

tensbar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2013, 01:51 PM   #2
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Check the resevoir underneath the header panel below the passenger side headlight.

HID Quad bi-xenon + foglight retrofit
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
cykaaro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2013, 02:56 PM   #3
Jer-Bear
2002 WJ 

I believe that's coming from the bottom of the battery housing.
Unread 07-06-2013, 07:37 PM   #4
coloradowjowner
2002 WJ 

Does your cruise control work? Can you ch age where the air is coming from in the cabin (defrost or panel vents)? If they don't work then that's the vacuum hose needed for them to operate. If it is that hose it connects somewhere under the battery box.
coloradowjowner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2013, 09:49 AM   #5
tensbar

The air is very weak , weak enough where its hard to tell if its even coming out of the passenger side, i dont think it is, I mean there is a slight breeze coming out if you can even call it that. I cant get the battery tray out to check underneath , I think I'm going to have to take it in for that. I think I'm at the extent of my ability for this one.
Unread 07-07-2013, 09:50 AM   #6
tensbar

Cruise control worked, but now that I think about it when I tested it I did not try to use the accelerate etc, I just turned it on and it worked.
Unread 07-07-2013, 10:31 AM   #7
Jer-Bear
2002 WJ 

My friend, I'm positive that's what the hose is. I've had all that stuff apart a few times and recognize it. That's supposed to be hanging freely so excess acid can drain. It won't harm anything.
Unread 07-07-2013, 10:32 AM   #8
Jer-Bear
2002 WJ 

I know of a few places that could cause a vacuum leak. Crankcase breather tubes, easy fix, brake booster, easy fix, evap system, easy fix.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.