Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Anyone have this exhaust kit?

2K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  mr312712 
#1 ·
#2 ·
One picture shows a turbo type muffler and exhaust pipes. The other picture shows what appears to be a flowmaster muffler but how you could even begin to guess which model, I do not know. His description only says single chamber muffler, which suggests flowmaster design but again, who knows. You're going to have to ask the seller for details of the muffler. I do know that the patent ran out on flowmaster so there are guys selling them now, which is good for people trying to save some money.

#3 ·
Probably the summit racing street & strip muffler you can buy for $30. Had one at one point on my Grand Am. Pretty much the same as a flowmaster maybe a little quieter imo. Rusts apart at the seams the same way after about two years too.

I was actually looking at the same system with the jones max flow muffler (perforated core design) which is stainless & about the same price. Idk what the difference between the '99-01 & '02-04 exhausts are.
https://www.upsw.com/2002-jeep-grand-cherokee-40l-47l-performance-muffler-with-black-tip/

#4 ·
I'd pass. Reading the description the exhaust tubing on that system is actually smaller than the factory 4.7 exhaust system. The kit you linked to comes with 2.25" tubing, factory is 2.5" for the V8.

For about $60 more you can go with the Dynomax 19374 exhaust kit that includes a 2.5" mandrel bent tailpipe vs. the 2.25" crush bent tailpipe the eBay kit comes with.

If you live in the rust belt then you have the option of getting the Dynomax kit in stainless as well.

#5 ·
I'd pass. Reading the description the exhaust tubing on that system is actually smaller than the factory 4.7 exhaust system. The kit you linked to comes with 2.25" tubing, factory is 2.5" for the V8.

For about $60 more you can go with the Dynomax 19374 exhaust kit that includes a 2.5" mandrel bent tailpipe vs. the 2.25" crush bent tailpipe the eBay kit comes with.
Is this an exact fit for the WJ 4.7? Routing I mean and configurations needed?

#10 ·
I have the dynomax kit on my 4.0 as well. Just enough exhaust note to let you know its there and no drone. Makes the 4.0 sounds great too. If and when I replace it ill make sure to get the stainless steel pipe next time.

#14 ·
wjjeep19 said:
*fanboy intensifies* :drool:

But seriously, of the past 4 years ive been on here Ive come to the conclusion:

Jeeples is not a human, but a database of solutions and algorithms. LOL

OP get the Dynomax and you'll not regret it

Sent from my iPhone using C, C++, Objective-C, and Swift

#16 ·
mr312712 said:
Thought he had left us for awhile, went about a week without posting.
Databases need updating every now and again :rofl:

He is always around us even when not posting, always lurking.

-The Database, the myth, the Legend

:shh: :rofl:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.