Anyone ever install a HD radio in their WJ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Anyone ever install a HD radio in their WJ?

Official Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!1999-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Headlight Pair

Unread 06-20-2010, 09:14 AM   #1
trailblaze
2004 WJ 

Anyone ever install a HD radio in their WJ?

I was given a HD radio with car and home kits. It looks simple to install, however i was not sure if the stock radio's had a aux line input on the back of the receiver. Does anyone know? I could always us the FM modulator but the sound quality is always a little poorer.

Unread 06-20-2010, 10:07 AM   #2
subeng
2000 WJ 

Don't know about the add on kits but I have a JVC HD receiver in my WJ and I love it. The really cool part about it is that all the stations have a second and sometimes third channel of programming that you get access to with an HD tuner.

I've seen aux adapters that wire into I think the cd changer section of the stock radio.
subeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2010, 10:16 AM   #3
trailblaze
2004 WJ 

this one has the ability to pick up multi-cast HD stations too. it's a pretty cool set up. you still keep the stock radio and due to an antenna in and out on the HD unit your stock radio still works (not that you would need it) and you retain the 6-disc changer too... plus the HD unit has it's own line in for mp3's etc.

i figure i'll find out if the stock unit has an aux input or "line in" once i tear into it. i was just wondering if anyone on here knew off hand.

here's a link... i also got the optional home kit too.

Visteon HDP250 HD Jump Portable HD Radio Tuner (HDP-250) - Visteon - HDP250 -
Unread 06-21-2010, 11:03 AM   #4
dlwilson42
2004 WJ 

My stock RBK radio doesn't have an auxilliary input. I tried the FM modulator for a while, but over a 30 mile commute I have to change the frequency several times. I bought an adapter that plugs into the back of the radio where the CD changer would go, and provides two RCA inputs. It works great for iPod and satellite radio. Anco Auto Specialties

I put a similar one into my girlfriend's Liberty, but that one has an iPod connector. I prefer mine because the factory radio doesn't give you much control over the iPod, and with the auxilliary input you can plug in anything.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.