Anyone in the Cincinnati, Dayton, Northern Kentucky area???? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Anyone in the Cincinnati, Dayton, Northern Kentucky area????

Don't forget the Jeep Forum discount, 10% off!Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 03-17-2010, 07:15 AM   #31
Jeepgirl2010

Well guys it looks like I'd be better off with a newer Tranny

So I am shopping around, I guess junkyards are my best bet??

Jeepgirl2010 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-17-2010, 09:24 AM   #32
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

i would buy oem sensors/solenoids. some vehicles don't mind duralast or whatever off brand autozone/advance uses, jeeps aren't one of them. oem sensors and electronics are best(not always best quality, but works the best with the computers.)

before you get the cart ahead of the horse, get 6qts of atf and drop the pan to see what comes out. if you've got a lot of metal and sludge, look for a lower mileage junker or a rebuild. if your fluid is just burnt and there isn't much shavings, get the solenoids and a filter and replace those with a cooler flush as well.
if you see any brass/copper colored shavings that's "bad" and you're gonna want a rebuild.

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-17-2010, 09:37 AM   #33
Jeepgirl2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratmonkey View Post
i would buy oem sensors/solenoids. some vehicles don't mind duralast or whatever off brand autozone/advance uses, jeeps aren't one of them. oem sensors and electronics are best(not always best quality, but works the best with the computers.)

before you get the cart ahead of the horse, get 6qts of atf and drop the pan to see what comes out. if you've got a lot of metal and sludge, look for a lower mileage junker or a rebuild. if your fluid is just burnt and there isn't much shavings, get the solenoids and a filter and replace those with a cooler flush as well.
if you see any brass/copper colored shavings that's "bad" and you're gonna want a rebuild.
Yea I will drop the pan and take some photo's. Can you post pics here?? I don;t a attachment button. I called a few shops and they want 1500 - 2000 to rebuild my transmission!!
Jeepgirl2010 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-17-2010, 09:54 AM   #34
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

upload to photobucket and copy the links over to here.

the price sounds normal for a tranny rebuild. though it's pretty much robbery with all the more that's involved.
i'd say it's roughly 500 in parts at the most and 8hrs labor from the first bolt in the jeep to the last.

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.