Any volunteer fire fighters? Lighting and siren questions. - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Any volunteer fire fighters? Lighting and siren questions.

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 10-07-2013, 08:50 PM   #31
cherokee_mike
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderTheBlack View Post
Those look great!
Thanks!

cherokee_mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2013, 07:43 AM   #32
namtrah

2004 WJ 

Exclamation Close Call

http://www.firehouse.com/news/111870...uck-close-call

This is a fully lit and sirens blaring engine and they still fail to yield!
Unread 10-09-2013, 09:00 AM   #33
namtrah

2004 WJ 

Exclamation Another example with a code 3 ambulance involved

http://www.kaaltv.com/article/storie...html?cat=10151

Code 3 and still someone smashes into it, lucky no serious injuries.
Unread 10-12-2013, 03:11 AM   #34
MWF
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpk20x View Post
OK thanks. Sounds pretty straight forward.

So I take it your kit looks something like this?

Sort of. Not sure if you can see this image.

The controller is built into each pair, so all you need is a two normal buttons to switch them on and off or cycle through all the modes. The controllers all synchronize so front and rear strobes flash in time.

It looks like Cherokee Mike is the man to talk to state side, those Feniex products he's selling look seriously bright.
Unread 10-12-2013, 07:22 AM   #35
robrilla
2004 WJ 

I'm on the same page as Namtrah.

The department I was in didn't allow us to blow through any controlled intersection faster than 10 miles per hour. We had constant headset communication in the cab with other firefighters to ensure 360 degree safety.

It was also against policy to go more than 10 mph over the posted speed limit in any emergency vehicle. No matter the emergency. If there was an additional accident due to some ******* *** volunteer or driver, that would tie up additional resources both physically and financially.

Our objective was to assist in saving / protecting lives and property. No matter how long it took to get there. I'm not saying we were dilly dallying on the way there but we had to keep ourselves and other patrons safe first and foremost.

Sounds like the OP has made up their mind, so be it. Please remember though, we firefighters generally don't save lives, that's for the movies, we recover bodies. That's the honest harsh truth of being a firefighter. Saving one life doesn't mean that you need to jeopardize others. Please be safe. I don't want to read about another overzealous firefighter taking lives because they didn't have proper equipment or driving training or that they crashed when speeding to a call.

-Rob

Edit: Damn you auto correct!

Last edited by robrilla; 10-12-2013 at 08:08 AM..
robrilla is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.