ANOTHER WJ lift thread...yes another - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > ANOTHER WJ lift thread...yes another

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 04-15-2010, 09:34 PM   #1
WJV8QD

ANOTHER WJ lift thread...yes another

Okay when it comes to cars I can build anything fast (putting a HO in the WJ currently), but 4x4s im pretty green, I had a 1988 Toyetta (a 1988 toyota 22RE p/u 4x4 on 35's with a yellow 1990 VW jetta body on it) but when i bought it it already had the lift and tires on it.

So, with a 1999 WJ 4.7L Quadra-Drive its a bit more complex.
I really dont want to spend over 400 bucks and its going to be a pavement princess for the most part. I just want to fit a beefy tire (31"-32" maybe? ) I've looked and looked and Ive found a RC 4" kit but supposedly they ride like **** and have death wobble. I thought I saw someone say something about buying someone's spacers with someone's springs to get 3" but Im not sure. Please help out, any help is big help to a new guy haha.

WJV8QD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2010, 09:42 PM   #2
WiCkeDuDe
Web Wheeler

2002 WJ 

All you need is to install a BB. This has been talked about a million times. You can easily fit a 31" tire or 32 with some trimming. You can even run the same shocks if you wanted to. Most WJ BB are 2.5" . Cant say I would recommend going with a 3" kit. Not much to hold on the spacer. You dont even need an alignment on a WJ. Just recenter your steering wheel if its off too far.
WiCkeDuDe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2010, 10:15 PM   #3
ezflip
NEWS FLASH It snows in MI

2002 WJ 

The RC x-series kit actually rides very well and I have yet to have a problem with it. And I have not heard of anyone having a problem with it. Their regular 4" kit has some downfalls because it uses a drop bracket for the track bar which was a very week and asinine design. The x-series kit comes with an adjustable track bar to solve that problem.

Most Budget boosts are actually 2" for a WJ. You DO NOT want to go over 2.5" with a BB or you will have problems. If you are only looking to spend $400, check out fatbobsgarage.com. You can get a set of Budget Boost spacers and new shocks for about $250. You dont HAVE to replace your shocks with a BB, but your stocks will wear much quicker. It is a good idea to get shocks the correct length for your BB for the best ride quality.

2002 Overland - 4.7 HO, "Select-Drive", 4" RC long arms, TAG front winch bumper, 32" BFG KM's, Kolak 3" exhaust, Flowmaster 50 series

Build Thread

ezflip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2010, 11:49 PM   #4
patrick02wj
2002 WJ 

^ what they said
Unread 04-11-2013, 04:33 PM   #5
RIPNBST
2004 WJ 

Your not getting anything more than a "Budget boost" spacer type lift for under $400.

My recommendation is up your budget a little and get the IRO (Iron Rock Offroad) 3" kit.
RIPNBST is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2013, 05:04 PM   #6
WJ_allday04

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPNBST View Post
Your not getting anything more than a "Budget boost" spacer type lift for under $400.

My recommendation is up your budget a little and get the IRO (Iron Rock Offroad) 3" kit.
x2 on that. its a great kit and won't mess with your drivetrian too much unlike going to 4in of lift and up.
24" light bar//x2 3" duallys//JK steelies//31's

My Build Thread
WJ_allday04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2013, 06:26 PM   #7
grandmason

Also agree with getting the IRO lift of any size. They're made very very well and will handle a lot of abuse and reasonably priced
grandmason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2013, 06:33 PM   #8
ezflip
NEWS FLASH It snows in MI

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPNBST View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJ_allday04 View Post
x2 on that. its a great kit and won't mess with your drivetrian too much unlike going to 4in of lift and up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmason View Post
Also agree with getting the IRO lift of any size. They're made very very well and will handle a lot of abuse and reasonably priced
You guys realize this thread is three years old, right?

2002 Overland - 4.7 HO, "Select-Drive", 4" RC long arms, TAG front winch bumper, 32" BFG KM's, Kolak 3" exhaust, Flowmaster 50 series

Build Thread

ezflip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
grand cherokee , lift

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.