ANOTHER WJ lift thread...yes another - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > ANOTHER WJ lift thread...yes another

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 04-15-2010, 08:34 PM   #1
WJV8QD

ANOTHER WJ lift thread...yes another

Okay when it comes to cars I can build anything fast (putting a HO in the WJ currently), but 4x4s im pretty green, I had a 1988 Toyetta (a 1988 toyota 22RE p/u 4x4 on 35's with a yellow 1990 VW jetta body on it) but when i bought it it already had the lift and tires on it.

So, with a 1999 WJ 4.7L Quadra-Drive its a bit more complex.
I really dont want to spend over 400 bucks and its going to be a pavement princess for the most part. I just want to fit a beefy tire (31"-32" maybe? ) I've looked and looked and Ive found a RC 4" kit but supposedly they ride like **** and have death wobble. I thought I saw someone say something about buying someone's spacers with someone's springs to get 3" but Im not sure. Please help out, any help is big help to a new guy haha.

WJV8QD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2010, 08:42 PM   #2
WiCkeDuDe
Web Wheeler

2002 WJ 

All you need is to install a BB. This has been talked about a million times. You can easily fit a 31" tire or 32 with some trimming. You can even run the same shocks if you wanted to. Most WJ BB are 2.5" . Cant say I would recommend going with a 3" kit. Not much to hold on the spacer. You dont even need an alignment on a WJ. Just recenter your steering wheel if its off too far.
WiCkeDuDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2010, 09:15 PM   #3
ezflip
Theme Park Dinosaur Head

2002 WJ 

The RC x-series kit actually rides very well and I have yet to have a problem with it. And I have not heard of anyone having a problem with it. Their regular 4" kit has some downfalls because it uses a drop bracket for the track bar which was a very week and asinine design. The x-series kit comes with an adjustable track bar to solve that problem.

Most Budget boosts are actually 2" for a WJ. You DO NOT want to go over 2.5" with a BB or you will have problems. If you are only looking to spend $400, check out fatbobsgarage.com. You can get a set of Budget Boost spacers and new shocks for about $250. You dont HAVE to replace your shocks with a BB, but your stocks will wear much quicker. It is a good idea to get shocks the correct length for your BB for the best ride quality.

2002 Overland - 4.7 HO, "Select-Drive", 4" RC long arms, TAG front winch bumper, 32" BFG KM's, Kolak 3" exhaust, Flowmaster 50 series

Build Thread

KCCO
ezflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2010, 10:49 PM   #4
patrick02wj
2002 WJ 

^ what they said
Unread 04-11-2013, 03:33 PM   #5
RIPNBST
2004 WJ 

Your not getting anything more than a "Budget boost" spacer type lift for under $400.

My recommendation is up your budget a little and get the IRO (Iron Rock Offroad) 3" kit.
RIPNBST is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2013, 04:04 PM   #6
WJ_allday04

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPNBST View Post
Your not getting anything more than a "Budget boost" spacer type lift for under $400.

My recommendation is up your budget a little and get the IRO (Iron Rock Offroad) 3" kit.
x2 on that. its a great kit and won't mess with your drivetrian too much unlike going to 4in of lift and up.
24" light bar//x2 3" duallys//JK steelies//31's

My Build Thread
WJ_allday04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2013, 05:26 PM   #7
grandmason

Also agree with getting the IRO lift of any size. They're made very very well and will handle a lot of abuse and reasonably priced
grandmason is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2013, 05:33 PM   #8
ezflip
Theme Park Dinosaur Head

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPNBST View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJ_allday04 View Post
x2 on that. its a great kit and won't mess with your drivetrian too much unlike going to 4in of lift and up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmason View Post
Also agree with getting the IRO lift of any size. They're made very very well and will handle a lot of abuse and reasonably priced
You guys realize this thread is three years old, right?

2002 Overland - 4.7 HO, "Select-Drive", 4" RC long arms, TAG front winch bumper, 32" BFG KM's, Kolak 3" exhaust, Flowmaster 50 series

Build Thread

KCCO
ezflip is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
grand cherokee , lift

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.