JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   WJ Grand Cherokee Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/)
-   -   ANOTHER WJ lift thread...yes another (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/another-wj-lift-thread-yes-another-1013691/)

WJV8QD 04-15-2010 08:34 PM

ANOTHER WJ lift thread...yes another

Okay when it comes to cars I can build anything fast (putting a HO in the WJ currently), but 4x4s im pretty green, I had a 1988 Toyetta (a 1988 toyota 22RE p/u 4x4 on 35's with a yellow 1990 VW jetta body on it) but when i bought it it already had the lift and tires on it.

So, with a 1999 WJ 4.7L Quadra-Drive its a bit more complex.
I really dont want to spend over 400 bucks and its going to be a pavement princess for the most part. I just want to fit a beefy tire (31"-32" maybe? :shhh:) I've looked and looked and Ive found a RC 4" kit but supposedly they ride like **** and have death wobble. I thought I saw someone say something about buying someone's spacers with someone's springs to get 3" but Im not sure. Please help out, any help is big help to a new guy haha.:2thumbsup:

WiCkeDuDe 04-15-2010 08:42 PM

All you need is to install a BB. This has been talked about a million times. You can easily fit a 31" tire or 32 with some trimming. You can even run the same shocks if you wanted to. Most WJ BB are 2.5" . Cant say I would recommend going with a 3" kit. Not much to hold on the spacer. You dont even need an alignment on a WJ. Just recenter your steering wheel if its off too far.

ezflip 04-15-2010 09:15 PM

The RC x-series kit actually rides very well and I have yet to have a problem with it. And I have not heard of anyone having a problem with it. Their regular 4" kit has some downfalls because it uses a drop bracket for the track bar which was a very week and asinine design. The x-series kit comes with an adjustable track bar to solve that problem.

Most Budget boosts are actually 2" for a WJ. You DO NOT want to go over 2.5" with a BB or you will have problems. If you are only looking to spend $400, check out fatbobsgarage.com. You can get a set of Budget Boost spacers and new shocks for about $250. You dont HAVE to replace your shocks with a BB, but your stocks will wear much quicker. It is a good idea to get shocks the correct length for your BB for the best ride quality.

patrick02wj 04-15-2010 10:49 PM

:highfive: ^ what they said

RIPNBST 04-11-2013 03:33 PM

Your not getting anything more than a "Budget boost" spacer type lift for under $400.

My recommendation is up your budget a little and get the IRO (Iron Rock Offroad) 3" kit.

WJ_allday04 04-11-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIPNBST (Post 15282467)
Your not getting anything more than a "Budget boost" spacer type lift for under $400.

My recommendation is up your budget a little and get the IRO (Iron Rock Offroad) 3" kit.

x2 on that. its a great kit and won't mess with your drivetrian too much unlike going to 4in of lift and up.

grandmason 04-11-2013 05:26 PM

Also agree with getting the IRO lift of any size. They're made very very well and will handle a lot of abuse and reasonably priced

ezflip 04-11-2013 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIPNBST (Post 15282467)

Quote:

Originally Posted by WJ_allday04 (Post 15282599)
x2 on that. its a great kit and won't mess with your drivetrian too much unlike going to 4in of lift and up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by grandmason (Post 15282953)
Also agree with getting the IRO lift of any size. They're made very very well and will handle a lot of abuse and reasonably priced

You guys realize this thread is three years old, right? :rofl:

The time now is 11:57 PM.