another tranny thread - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > another tranny thread

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 07-13-2013, 08:19 PM   #1
dangersahead82

another tranny thread

hi all first time post but been surfing for some time. I just purchased a 2000 jeep grand cherokee limited. v8. 96000 miles. on the way home i noticed that at highway speed i was sitting at 3400 rps. I then realized i have no 1st gear. The dash code only gives me p0700 which is transaxel control system fault.

I had it read at AZone and i have 6 codes. Now i believe they are more than likely a small problem (I hope ) throwing all the other codes but here goes

p0731 = ratio error in first gear. The ECM has detected that the transmission input RPM does not match the transmission output RPM under known conditions.

p1737 lockup solenoid- TCC

p1734 problem in shift control system

p0760 solenoid circuit fault

and a p0152 O2 sensor but i think its unrelated. More concerned with getting the tranny back in working order then i can worry about fuel milage. Sorry about the long post just trying to be deatailed as possible so hopefully i can get this resolved. As for the NSS I have reverse lights so thats a plus. I appreciate any and all help thanks again

forgot to metion its all stock no upgrades. What should i do where should i start

DA

Last edited by dangersahead82; 07-14-2013 at 05:16 AM..
dangersahead82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2013, 11:57 PM   #2
narnwv

2000 WJ 

You dont have a 318. You have a 4.7 liter 287.

The transmission mode is 5-45RFE. FE= fully electronic. Start by pulling the battery cables for 30 minutes to reset everything.

Typing on phones sucks.

narnwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2013, 05:17 AM   #3
dangersahead82

Appreciate the responce ill give it a.try
Thanks

DA
Unread 07-14-2013, 06:54 AM   #4
dangersahead82

Well I pulled the battery leads off for about an hour CEL still there and key dance still shows p0700. Something that I did notice now is that I started it this morning before and after I pulled the leads it now has a buzzing sound coming from what appears to be passanger side possibly internal. Any ideas

Thanks DA
Unread 07-14-2013, 12:25 PM   #5
dangersahead82

Going to take it to a mechanic begining of the week. Hoping something not to rediculous. Also is this limp mode
Unread 07-14-2013, 12:29 PM   #6
SteelBlue_WJ
Web Wheeler

limp mode i believe you cant go more then 10 mph or something slower then usual

2001 Steel Blue WJ Laredo SA 4x4, 3.5" lift, Apperance Package with factory Laredo Steel Blue cladding/leather
Conferr Roof Basket with custom Randy Ellis Design light cage, WAAG grille guard and Hella lots of 500 lights

2004 Wrangler Sport, 2.5" and 31's, nothing special

"For all sad words of tongue and pen, the saddest are these, 'It might have been.' "
John Greenleaf Whittier
SteelBlue_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2013, 01:53 PM   #7
dangersahead82

Well at least that's cleared up thanks. I still have the possibilities of sensors.

DA
Unread 07-14-2013, 05:25 PM   #8
99SK04GTX
2004 WJ 

Transmission input and output speed sensors can cause screwy problems. They are the same so you can purchase one and try swapping.

The TPS (throttle position sensor) can also cause tranny problems
99SK04GTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 09:08 AM   #9
dangersahead82

Alright I went to 3 tranny shops of course they all told me I need a rebuild from what codes it has. The 2 1700 series codes that read at autozone were gone but 2 other showed at the shops. Can't remember them but they were solenoid related. It is in limp mode. Can I pull fuse under the hood or disconnect the harness from TCM and try to manually shift it. Also crawling around underneath the vehicle I noticed there was a ground strap not connected to the trans stashed away over on top of p/s cross member out of sight. Could this have any bearing on my situation thx again

DA

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.