Another size tires and lift question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Another size tires and lift question

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 02-23-2014, 03:56 PM   #1
wyattwj123
2000 WJ 

Another size tires and lift question

Hey guys I know you've probably seen this question before but can't really find a exact answer. So I have a 2001 grand cherokee 4.0 2wd wanting to get a bb and the biggest size mud or a/t tires on my stock rims that will make minimal or no trimming! I occasionally go in the woods with it to hunt but I know it's 2wd just wanting to give it a better look! What bb should I get? I was looking at Goodyear wranglers how are those? What do you guys recommend I want it to have a meaty tread that will look nice. Shocks also have 160000 miles on them should I get new ones?!

wyattwj123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2014, 04:08 PM   #2
wyattwj123
2000 WJ 

I was looking at the dura tracks but seem a little pricey
wyattwj123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2014, 04:43 PM   #3
mdrum93

2004 WJ 

Look at the "the ultimate wj grand cherokee buyer's guide" in the sticky section there's a chart for lift/tire combos on there. Don't know much about the goodyear wranglers, but i know the duratracs are pretty popular, so cant help much there. And for the budget boost the most popular are the 2" coil spacers. You can get a set for $100 is you look around and sometimes they sell in the classifieds for cheaper.
mdrum93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2014, 06:49 PM   #4
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

I would get shocks if I were you. Bilstein 5100's are probably the nicest shocks you can put on. I am going with a BB lift when the weather is warmer. I already have the parts. A 29 or 30 inch tire is about the biggest you can go without trimming.

Sent from my iPad using electrons
rdkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2014, 10:47 AM   #5
pat85
2001 WJ 

I had the Duratracs on my ZJ. Loved Them! They were great for my terrain here in central MN. Their winter handling impressed me the most as most off-road style tires really lack in the snow/ice condtions. I will be getting them again when it comes time to lift my WJ.
Sold: 98 ZJ
pat85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2014, 11:14 AM   #6
akadeutsch
2000 WJ 

Trim it!!! Im running 32s" with a bb with no rubbing. I bet I could fit 33s" but it wouldn't look right and it would rub on corners. Don't waist money on name brand rubber. check out treadwright.com for cheap quality retread tires instead.
akadeutsch is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.