Another BB question... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Another BB question...

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits WJ Modular Recovery & Bull Bar Relocation Packages

Unread 07-17-2014, 07:01 AM   #1
JRS621
2004 WJ 

Another BB question...

Would like to order a BB for my WJ but I'm debating between poly vs delrin vs abs spacers. Any thoughts or experiences on using these materials in a BB with regards to durability?

JRS621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2014, 07:32 AM   #2
WXman
2001 WJ 

Obviously the harder the material the longer it's going to last. But I prefer poly/rubber because it has a little bit of "give" to it and will maintain better ride quality.
'11 Mango Tango JKU Sport - Mods
'12 Dozer JKU Sport S - 6-speed - ACE rock rails - Max Tow package - Daystar spacers - 33x12.50 Duratracs
WXman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2014, 03:13 PM   #3
JRS621
2004 WJ 

Yeah I was leaning poly. In my experience ABS is brittle, hence my concern.
JRS621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2014, 07:46 PM   #4
Spyder328
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WXman View Post
Obviously the harder the material the longer it's going to last. But I prefer poly/rubber because it has a little bit of "give" to it and will maintain better ride quality.
I agree, and the black poly/rubber ones look almost factory, where as the red ones or metal ones look aftermarket

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.