All courtesy lights are lit - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > All courtesy lights are lit

Component speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFGTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.com

Unread 03-30-2010, 10:09 AM   #1
eschapiro

All courtesy lights are lit

Hi.
Suddenly, in my 2000 WJ all interior lights are lit, always. It does not change if I open/close any door. If I force interior lighting on, it only lights a little brighter.

It´s weird, because if some door switch would be malfunctioning, the VIC should warn me of that.

Any experience with it?

Any hint ?

Thanks.

David.-

eschapiro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2010, 10:28 AM   #2
narnwv

2000 WJ 

Just to make sure, your switch on the headlight stick isn't all the way forward is it? Twist it backward and report back the results.
narnwv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2010, 10:39 AM   #3
eschapiro

Just did it

Quote:
Originally Posted by narnwv View Post
Just to make sure, your switch on the headlight stick isn't all the way forward is it? Twist it backward and report back the results.

Hi, thanks for your answer.

I twisted it all the way back, but save for dimming instrument lights, the courtesy light´s problem just remained the same.

Any hint ?

David.-
eschapiro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2010, 12:09 PM   #4
narnwv

2000 WJ 

Are the door lights and under dash lights lit as well? If not, then I would manually push each overhead light (cargo light too). If all the lower lights are on as well, then it sounds more like a bad door switch some where.
narnwv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.