All advice welcome: no compression in #2 Cylinder - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > All advice welcome: no compression in #2 Cylinder

Want to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under Coil Spring Options from Ruffstuff!Flush Mount LED Bumper Lights, CREE

Unread 05-03-2013, 02:10 PM   #31
CarlJH
2003 WJ 

There's nothing more nerve racking than the first time you start the motor after your first rebuild, and the joy when it starts and runs as it should and you can say I did it!

CarlJH is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2013, 02:37 PM   #32
Wayne94552
2001 WJ 

Thanks for the feedback. I called King Bearings and they said they did away with the tangs for these rod bearings as half the 4.7 rods had the tang and half didn't.

Regarding the full rebuild vs. fixing the immediate issues. We did discuss that possibility, but given our busy schedules, the mileage on the motor, and the labor expended to get the motor out and back in, we felt it was money well spent to just do the full rebuild.

RE: my daughter, God has blessed me big time. She is a girly girl with a tough side, she's my fishing buddy and isn't afraid to try anything. She's taking criminal justice in college and wants to be a police officer and hopefully FBI. She was a great high school wrestler; she's been working out with the boys wrestling team in college this year; She's taking on judo next year and has been doing a little muay tai at her gym. She's now thinking she'll give MMA a try in a couple years after she hones her skills. I feel sorry for any guy that messes with her...well not really
Wayne94552 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2013, 02:40 PM   #33
Wayne94552
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darnice View Post
Umm too much bedplate goo? a light thin bead, so much there it might break off and get into things
Yeah, we scraped all that off inside and out after it dried. Live and learn on that one.
Wayne94552 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2013, 04:26 PM   #34
VinceWj
2000 WJ 

Wow, not to make a bad joke here, im saying that with all the respect i can but she sounds like my type of gal!
VinceWj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.