Alarm wont stop - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Alarm wont stop

The NEW Revolution Gear and Axle from 4LowParts.comTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 09-14-2013, 03:33 PM   #1
wingman27
2001 WJ 

Alarm wont stop

So my 2001 wj hasn't had an issue with the alarm and I unlock it with the fob and pop the back door open alarm goes off and nothing will stop it. Tried it all. Unhooked the battery for 5 min and hooked it back up and same issue. Used a different key and same thing wen I start the jeep it will shut off after 2 seconds please help!!

Unread 09-14-2013, 04:16 PM   #2
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

My best guess would be the security alarm key switch, its inside your door handle, on the bakside of the key cylinder, check my thread "interior light problem" to see ohm values to test switch, and part number, Good luck.
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...grade-1813490/

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2013, 05:35 PM   #3
Panocha
1999 WJ 

I have a similar problem, but it only happens for me when it rains lol. check for any exposed or split wires as well from the security system, horn, etc.
Panocha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2013, 11:07 PM   #4
wingman27
2001 WJ 

So I tore my drives door panel off the door lock actuator was wet. I am in Colorado so we did just have a major flood that had my window down while driving. So wen I unlock my car with fob it unlocks everything but the drivers door. I manually unlock drivers door with key and open my door. Wen I open the door no lights or anything come on. The alarm light still flashes even tho I unlocked and have the drivers door open so my guess something took a ****. Idk wat it may be but my car thinks It still locked. We will replace the whole lock door actuator and that piece tomorro and hope for the best any suggestions?? Still need help.
Unread 09-16-2013, 12:04 AM   #5
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Security alarm key switch, activates/deactivates the alarm by telling if the door lock cylinder is in lock or unlock position, its located on the bakside of the doorhandle, Good luck.
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Unread 09-16-2013, 12:06 AM   #6
Mav-Jason
that one dude

1999 WJ 

Hey there Wingman, I'm right up the road from you in Greeley. Dealing with the same bs, including floods, evacuations, and the wet jeep door. Mine was the window tho, and eventually started working again. I'm betting it just needs to dry out completely. Yeah right in this weather huh. I've been keeping a bathroom hand towel looped thru the handle and drying off the panel with it constantly.

Stay safe dude.

Black '99 WJ 4.0 Selec-Trac~ OME MDs w/ .75" Spacers, Bilseins, JKS ADJ. TB,
Moog SS, Moog HD TREs/ Sleeves, Ext Rear Links, 16x8 Ion Alloys, 32" BFG Wrangler Authorities
Mav-Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2013, 12:13 AM   #7
new2site
2002 WJ 

Just on a side note....another way to deactivate the alarm (without having to unhook the battery/start the jeep- -while you're figuring out/troubleshooting things) ...go to the FRONT PASSENGERS door and unlock/lock the door button TWICE in quick succession when the alarm goes on...this should turn it off.

Sorry about your natural disaster situation there...been seeing it in the news here in Cali.
new2site is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2013, 12:19 AM   #8
wingman27
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomahawk
Security alarm key switch, activates/deactivates the alarm by telling if the door lock cylinder is in lock or unlock position, its located on the bakside of the doorhandle, Good luck.
So wat or where does this exactly look like and also if I was to replace it do I have to redo my fob and everything? It's not the lock regulator? And how would I dry this out? I don't have a garage to put it in or anything like that where the jeep sits..
Unread 09-16-2013, 12:21 AM   #9
wingman27
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2site
Just on a side note....another way to deactivate the alarm (without having to unhook the battery/start the jeep- -while you're figuring out/troubleshooting things) ...go to the FRONT PASSENGERS door and unlock/lock the door button TWICE in quick succession when the alarm goes on...this should turn it off.

Sorry about your natural disaster situation there...been seeing it in the news here in Cali.
This will def help my neighbors hate me for it goin off multiple times for a couple hours the other day and ya just one day at a time. My place is good but my family's shop is in Lyons co. Thanks
Unread 09-16-2013, 12:31 AM   #10
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman27

So wat or where does this exactly look like and also if I was to replace it do I have to redo my fob and everything? It's not the lock regulator? And how would I dry this out? I don't have a garage to put it in or anything like that where the jeep sits..
Its just a small plastic ring with 2/3 wires coming out, pull door cover and look on the bakside of the doorhandle, rear end at the key cylinder, its just attached to the door handle with a C clips.
There Are also a quick conection at the wires, unhook it and messure (ohm) the switch.
All messurments values and part number you can find in my thread "interior light problem".
No programing needed, 30 min Fix.

Good luck guys.

Unread 09-16-2013, 12:36 AM   #11
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Part number might be P/N 55136557AA door security alarm switch.

In unlock position there is ~700Ohms (my meter battery was dieing so it was less that accurate) when you turn to lock there is ~4K-6K Ohms. Also from the Computer you should see 4.95-5.05V

Here you goooo,,

Unread 09-16-2013, 12:52 AM   #12
wingman27
2001 WJ 

Will try to get off tomorro and get to napa to pick one up il try this before anything else. Thanks.

image-2549734795.jpg
Unread 09-16-2013, 11:16 AM   #13
Big_Wall
2010 JK Wrangler 

My Jeep did exactly the same thing today. I unlocked the doors with the fob, opened the rear hatch and the alarm went off and will not shut off. Double locking/unlocking the passenger door, trying to unlock the driver's door with the key, and trying to start the car will not shut the alarm off. I opened up the driver's door panel and there does not seem to be any moisture in the door, but my front passenger and driver's side floorboards are soaked. Water is getting in somewhere.

I'll post up if I find the solution to the problem.
Big_Wall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2013, 12:25 PM   #14
wingman27
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Wall
My Jeep did exactly the same thing today. I unlocked the doors with the fob, opened the rear hatch and the alarm went off and will not shut off. Double locking/unlocking the passenger door, trying to unlock the driver's door with the key, and trying to start the car will not shut the alarm off. I opened up the driver's door panel and there does not seem to be any moisture in the door, but my front passenger and driver's side floorboards are soaked. Water is getting in somewhere.

I'll post up if I find the solution to the problem.
It's a bunch of crap!! Can't even move the jeep or anything. Let me kno and il do the same.
Unread 09-16-2013, 01:09 PM   #15
wingman27
2001 WJ 

Got the part out now have to wait til tomorro for new one to get here no place in Colorado ha one. Bs!!

image-3704805102.jpg

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.