Akebonon Caliper metal clips - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Akebonon Caliper metal clips

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 07-06-2013, 12:08 PM   #1
GCDenver
2000 WJ 

Akebonon Caliper metal clips

About three years ago I had the new Akebono Calipers installed to replace the Teves calipers. I have been using the stock pads that came loaded with the calipers, ordered from Kolak. I'm going to replace the pads and rotors soon with the Stillens, also ordered from Kolak. I noticed the pads did not come with new slide clips in the box, they are the metal matrix pads p/n D945HD. In a couple other posts, others have mentioned replacing the slide clips when you replace the pads, should I replace them? If so where can I get them? Thanks
one of the pics from this post - http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/...iteup-1339963/

GCDenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2013, 12:11 PM   #2
Jeeples
2000 WJ 

Any auto parts store can get them/stock them.

Hers: '03 WJ 4.7 V8- IRO 3", 245/75/16 Duratracs
Jeeples is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2013, 05:29 PM   #3
GCDenver
2000 WJ 

I did go to O'Reilly and only one store in town stocked them but they can get them same day to the store closest to me. The Part # is HQ5684Q, the O'Reilly brand is BrakeBest, also has the 4 new rubber boots, about $15 w/ tax. Looks just like this Carlson kit from RockAuto, same part #
http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/more...975&cc=1386783
GCDenver is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.