akebono calipers are they for front and rear? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > akebono calipers are they for front and rear?

Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-26-2014, 01:32 AM   #1
losttech

2000 WJ 

akebono calipers are they for front and rear?

Ok I posted an earlier thread with videos about some noise issue I am having when stopping and going a groaning clumping type noise.

Just look at my earlier thread if you want to see it.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/...luded-2153385/

Well some of the good people hear suggested it might be brakes.
Now I bought the jeep used and they did put new brakes in it and they look good problem is there the old style that have problems.

So I am thinking about changing out all my brakes rotors calipers to upgrade to akebono type.

So my question is is this just front brakes that need the upgrade or does the back brakes need them also?

I have a D44a in rear and D30 in front.

Any help and advice I would be gratefull for.

losttech is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2014, 02:38 AM   #2
Johnyre
2002 WJ 

As far as I know, the upgrade was only for the front
Johnyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2014, 03:00 AM   #3
Kolak
Vendor

That's correct - only the front calipers got upgraded from Teves to Akebono. The rear calipers (assuming they are in good condition) do not need to be replaced/upgraded.
kolak@aol.com or kolak@kolakperformance.com
Kolak is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2014, 04:27 AM   #4
Drek
2004 WJ 

As Kolak stated, Akebono in the front and Teves in the rear. The change went into effect around 2002 I think it was. My '04 has the brakes setup just like that.

Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. -Mark Twain
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.