JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   WJ Grand Cherokee Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/)
-   -   Airbag off road? (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/airbag-off-road-2214881/)

2000_limited 03-14-2014 07:29 AM

Airbag off road?

Has anyone accidentally deployed their airbag while offroading?

I ask because I know on a car U had a few years ago I barely bumped into a tree and they deployed. So I was wondering how sensitive they are on Jeeps and if anyone has unpluged them or anything.

I was thinking about installing a kill switch on them or something.

Itstime 03-14-2014 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2000_limited (Post 21232553)

I ask because I know on a car U had a few years ago I barely bumped into a tree and they deployed. So I was wondering how sensitive they are on Jeeps and if anyone has unpluged them or anything.

I know my passenger side has a kill switch. I off road with my 02 TJ and nothing has happened. I have hit some hard bumps. I am sure Jeep looked into that when they built them. Cars are probably way more sensitive when it comes to air bags. Dont take my word for it though I really know nothing about this topic.

2000_limited 03-14-2014 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itstime (Post 21232641)
I know my passenger side has a kill switch. I off road with my 02 TJ and nothing has happened. I have hit some hard bumps. I am sure Jeep looked into that when they built them. Cars are probably way more sensitive when it comes to air bags. Dont take my word for it though I really know nothing about this topic.

My friend and I were talking about it and we thought about when action movies have a big truck or what not and they ramp another vehicle out of the way, but the air bag never deploys. LOL

Itstime 03-14-2014 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2000_limited (Post 21232713)

My friend and I were talking about it and we thought about when action movies have a big truck or what not and they ramp another vehicle out of the way, but the air bag never deploys. LOL

I always laugh when they take cover behind a car door as if it will act as a shield. Thats why I cant watch movies!

2000_limited 03-14-2014 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itstime (Post 21232897)
I always laugh when they take cover behind a car door as if it will act as a shield. Thats why I cant watch movies!

WHAT? You didn't know that all good guys cars are bullet proof and bad guys cars are made of aluminum foil?

Oh and The good guy that is an expert marksman can hit a paper target or beer bottle from a mile away, but will ALWAYS miss the main bad guy when only 2 feet away.

rdkendrick 03-14-2014 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2000_limited (Post 21232993)
WHAT? You didn't know that all good guys cars are bullet proof and bad guys cars are made of aluminum foil? Oh and The good guy that is an expert marksman can hit a paper target or beer bottle from a mile away, but will ALWAYS miss the main bad guy when only 2 feet away.

And the bad guys a completely bad shots, the good guy can run through his spray of bullets, but the bad guy gets hit by only one bullet. Another hilarious thing is, bad guys only attack one person at a time, and once they get hit, they don't get back up, but the good guy takes a beating and stays up :-D

Sent from my iPad using electrons

shockracer 03-14-2014 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2000_limited (Post 21232553)

The only SUV I've heard having an issue with the airbags deploying is the Nissan Xterra. It was being put through an off-road test with others and when they hit a bump at the top of a hill the side curtain bags blew, it ranked the lowest because of that.

2000_limited 03-14-2014 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shockracer (Post 21235505)
The only SUV I've heard having an issue with the airbags deploying is the Nissan Xterra. It was being put through an off-road test with others and when they hit a bump at the top of a hill the side curtain bags blew, it ranked the lowest because of that.

Wow. Good to know.

The time now is 11:04 PM.