Air Cleaner "Hose" Question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Air Cleaner "Hose" Question

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Unread 09-30-2011, 06:05 PM   #1
4N3WL3V3L
2002 WJ 

Wj Air Cleaner "Hose" Question

Hi all,

Just changed the TPS on 02 Grand 4.7 HO, and somehow managed to snap off the plastic tube that runs into the driver side of the air cleaner box that connects to the throttle body. The hose runs from the box to the firewall, and tees off then enters each head, it looked like. It broke right on the tee, and I've been searching wjjeeps.com, the Haynes manual, and of course, the forum, but cannot find the name or part number of this hose to replace it. Any suggestions or people who know?

Thanks in advance.

4N3WL3V3L is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-30-2011, 07:03 PM   #2
gcjeeping
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4N3WL3V3L View Post
Hi all,

Just changed the TPS on 02 Grand 4.7 HO, and somehow managed to snap off the plastic tube that runs into the driver side of the air cleaner box that connects to the throttle body. The hose runs from the box to the firewall, and tees off then enters each head, it looked like. It broke right on the tee, and I've been searching wjjeeps.com, the Haynes manual, and of course, the forum, but cannot find the name or part number of this hose to replace it. Any suggestions or people who know?

Thanks in advance.

Hey look through this... might take a minute to load so be patient. See pg 193'ish

http://www.scribd.com/doc/2636961/Je...-Parts-Catalog
gcjeeping is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-30-2011, 07:55 PM   #3
rm2001wj
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

I'm guessing that you are asking about the rubber breather tube shown in the attached diagram; it's item 4. From your description, can't tell if the rubber tubing broke at the tee or the tee itself was broken. Either way, on page 191 in the link in the previous post gives a part number for the entire assembly. You could probably find a suitable tee and vacuum hose from almost any auto parts store if you want to repair what you already have.
breather.jpg  
Unread 10-04-2011, 08:36 PM   #4
4N3WL3V3L
2002 WJ 

Wj

Yes, Item 4 is exactly what I was talking about. The diagram showed the tee in the wrong place, though. Details.. I ended up jerry rigging a new connection because both the tee and all three ends of the hoses (which are plastic or PVC), with rubber hose, a brass step down, and hose clamp.

Since it's just a breather hose, it just needs to direct air flow, so I'm really not worried about it being perfect, just hold together. Now the jeep still won't start, but it's throwing codes for the TPS, the Idle Air Control Valve, and the Engine Coolant Temp Sensor.

Already replaced the TPS, just got the IACV and Coolant Sensor, so we'll see how it goes.

Thanks again folks!
Unread 10-05-2011, 07:15 PM   #5
4N3WL3V3L
2002 WJ 

Wj

Well, replaced IACV, Coolant temp sensor, and TPS, still throwing codes and not starting. I could keep throwing parts at it, but went ahead and had it towed to mechanic.

Now I hurry up and wait...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.