air blowing slow when hit breaks. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > air blowing slow when hit breaks.

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Savvy FREE SHIPPING!Artec Holiday Sale!

Unread 08-18-2014, 08:52 AM   #1
ejeraser

air blowing slow when hit breaks.

On my 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee when I hit the breaks when driving the vent is set to the low position the vent will basically stop shooting out air when let go of the break the vent then begins to shoot out the air again. This happens at any position the vent is at, a/c, heat, face , feet etc.. When the blower motor is set to a higher speed this then doesn't happen only at low. Does anyone know what could be wrong. TO me it seems like a potential vacuum leak somewhere but would like to see if someone can point me in the correct direction to start and see on this issue. It isnt a big deal right now but want to make sure it doesn't get worse as it gets closer to fall and winter coming before you know it. Id rather try and fix now then wait till it gets worse.

ejeraser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2014, 08:54 AM   #2
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Sounds to me like a vacuum leak as well...
ChrisHager is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2014, 09:49 AM   #3
ejeraser

any options to where to start for looking for the vacuum
leak
ejeraser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.