Adjusting HID headlights - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Adjusting HID headlights

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits

Unread 09-18-2013, 09:46 PM   #1
D-n-Tyke
2001 WJ 

Adjusting HID headlights

I just got my new Spyder HID headlight projector housings installed on my WJ. Unfortunetly out of the box they are aimed to high. Lights up the road and signs awesome, but I am sure I am pissing a few people off. So I am trying to figure out how to adjust them. I found a picture on Spyder Auto's website that points to an "adjuster". My question is which way do you turn the screw to adjust it down, and which way to adjust it up? How much adjustment is there per turn? How much luck have you guys with these housings had with that adjuster?

Unread 09-18-2013, 11:05 PM   #2
nmay
2001 WJ 

I'd park it on level ground, aim at a garage door, solid wall, or something along those lines, turn them on and go from there?
nmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2013, 12:40 AM   #3
D-n-Tyke
2001 WJ 

Yeah, that is what I planned on doing. The problem is you have to remove the housing each time you want to make an adjustment to that screw so I was hoping to know which way turning the screw moves the projector.
Unread 09-19-2013, 02:02 AM   #4
CrazyWalnut13
2000 WJ 

Point jeep at wall with headlights on. Decide how much you'd like to raise/lower the beam. Pop headlight out and leave wiring connected and headlights on. Hold headlight still with one hand while twisting with the other until desired change in height is achieved. It's not rocket surgery.
Formerly Default Jeeper #13
2000 WJ Limited 4.7 with stuff. Look left for the deets.
CrazyWalnut13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2013, 05:40 AM   #5
imaguy3
2004 WJ 

I was able to leave mine in the car and adjust... a long philips screwdriver reaches down there and you're able to teeth on the gear engage the screwdriver. However it's SLOW going as the adjustments are fine and if you're not holding the screwdriver just right you'll just slip it on by... I find I needed to apply some sideways tension when I did it in order to keep the screwdriver engaged.

If you look in your picture, at the top of the wheel are two plastic tabs... the screwdriver fits right between them.
Unread 09-19-2013, 08:42 AM   #6
Merc1973
2002 WJ 

Read here for alignment on a wall: http://wjjeeps.com/lamps/headlamps.htm

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Merc1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2013, 06:52 PM   #7
209jeepdude
2002 WJ 

If you are standing voer your Jeep and peer down through the hole. The wheel adjustment going away to your right lowers them and to your left raises them
209jeepdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2013, 08:11 PM   #8
jcool1985

The OP has aftermarket lights so he does not have the standard adjusting screw as we do on our headlights. To the OP that is a crazy design though that you have to remove the light to adjust. Not very well thought out on the manufactures part.
jcool1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2013, 06:28 AM   #9
spud2388

you dont have to remove the headlights to adjust them. The adjuster (red circle) is designed to take a screwdriver from the side. Thats what the little guides are above it. They keep the screwdriver in place so you can turn it. If you want to take the headlights off to see how it works, you can. Just takes a phillips head and your set.
spud2388 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.