Actual lift height - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Actual lift height

Custom Axle Work at CCORJEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 09-22-2013, 10:35 PM   #1
kaleo333
2005 KJ Liberty 

Actual lift height

I was looking at a lift for a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee special edition. On the build sheet it says that there is a 1" upcountry package. How could I confirm the current lift height? I just want to know if a 2" lift will only yield one inch of difference compared to what it currently on it and has this current package sagged. Thanks in advance.

kaleo333 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2013, 10:57 PM   #2
Hack
2003 WJ 

If you're lucky there will still be paper tags on the springs with the part numbers. Many of the later Upcountry packages were mistakenly ordered without the springs so its worth checking. There are some measurements from hub to fender with stock springs floating around the forum. I don't remember them off the top of my head though, sorry.
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2013, 11:02 PM   #3
kaleo333
2005 KJ Liberty 

those hub to fender measurements are probably what I'd be looking for. but thanks for the info about the kit. If it was one inch above the stock height, would any lift yield one inch less than advertised?
Unread 09-22-2013, 11:13 PM   #4
bradywgn71

2002 WJ 

Up Country package discontinued for all models as of August 31, 2003

All models built after August 2003 were no longer offered with the Up Country package, the special shocks and springs were discontinued. Skid plates and tow hooks, formerly included with the Up Country package and also available separately, became standard on the Overland and optional on all other models.

http://www.wjjeeps.com/upcountry.htm

Measure from the center of the hub up to the fender lip:

Standard springs 18" F 19" R
Up Country 19" F 20" R
Unread 09-23-2013, 05:11 AM   #5
alfaitalia
CRD Pilot!

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradywgn71 View Post
Up Country package discontinued for all models as of August 31, 2003

All models built after August 2003 were no longer offered with the Up Country package, the special shocks and springs were discontinued. Skid plates and tow hooks, formerly included with the Up Country package and also available separately, became standard on the Overland and optional on all other models.

Measure from the center of the hub up to the fender lip:

Standard springs 18" F 19" R
Up Country 19" F 20" R
Just for info, uc suspension was standard on euro spec models, at least the diesels, until the end of production.....which was actually 2005 rather than 2004 in Europe!

Sent from the Dark Side using only the Force.
Unread 09-23-2013, 12:50 PM   #6
cubalz
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I agree with Hack. Find what you are looking for at this link:

2003 Rubicon - 33x12.50x15 GY Duratracs, 15x10 MT Classic Locks, 2" BL, 2" BB, Warn Front Bumper, Garvin ATS Rear Bumper, Body Armor Extreme Rock Rails, Nth Degree Tummy Tucker, Skid Row Engine, LCA and Gas Tank Skid Plates, Teraflex Quick Disco's, Uniden Pro 520xl CB, 3' Firestik Antenna, BW Flat Fender Flares, Tom Woods DS, Currie Rear Adj Arms
cubalz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-23-2013, 08:31 PM   #7
kaleo333
2005 KJ Liberty 

So an 04 that sits at 18 1/4 in the front and 19 in the rear, would sit at 20 1/4 and 21 respectively, with a 2 inch BDS lift since this year didn't come with the "upcountry 1 inch lift"? Sorry I just want to clarify before such as I purchase
Unread 09-23-2013, 08:32 PM   #8
kaleo333
2005 KJ Liberty 

Before such a big purchase
Unread 09-24-2013, 06:42 PM   #9
MuddyWJ
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleo333 View Post
So an 04 that sits at 18 1/4 in the front and 19 in the rear, would sit at 20 1/4 and 21 respectively, with a 2 inch BDS lift since this year didn't come with the "upcountry 1 inch lift"? Sorry I just want to clarify before such as I purchase
Si Senor. You'll want to replaced the isolators.
MuddyWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.