AC vents only blowing half the air they should - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > AC vents only blowing half the air they should

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 08-24-2013, 01:25 PM   #46
scotty94
2004 WJ 

Wj

hello all...I am in a bad way...fan motor blowing hard but hardly no air coming from my 04 overland....air is cold coming out...blows just a little harder on the driver side than the passenger side...I have read a lot of things could be wrong...where should I start?...any help will be grately appreciated....my second jeep also...just got it today!!...loved it so much the first time I regreted getting rid of ol' "bossy"....

scotty94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2013, 02:45 PM   #47
SirCussFreq
1999 WJ 

I've been having some issues with the airflow, so I crawled under my glove compartment and found the connector with the infamous reversed wires... It's already got the green wires spliced in, so I assume it had the resistor replaced sometime in the past.

I unplugged it and swapped the wires on each side, then when I plugged it back in it blew the fuse in the PDC. I ran to Autozone and picked up a couple 40A spares, as soon as I plugged the new fuse in it blew the fuse again. I swapped the wires back around, but when I plugged in the second new fuse, it also blew instantly. So now I'm stuck with no air at all.

What am I doing wrong? Little bastards are $5 each so I don't want to blow too many more...
SirCussFreq is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2013, 04:19 PM   #48
scotty94
2004 WJ 

well sircuss freq...I am not sure whats going on with yours...I really hope someone can help us with our problem...I found kolak on facebook and sent him a message...he is the jeep jedi...I sure hope he can use the force and get us some "force" back on our air problem issue
scotty94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2013, 06:10 PM   #49
SirCussFreq
1999 WJ 

Bah... turns out I'm a moron and wasn't paying enough attention! I swapped the wires in the 3 wire connector, not the 2 wires that run from the controller to the blower itself. Oops. Guessing I fried the control module, hopefully that's all I messed up.
SirCussFreq is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.