AC drain donut seal at firewall - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > AC drain donut seal at firewall

JK Vent Covers - NalinMFGTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGJEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFF

Unread 06-19-2013, 06:41 PM   #1
tjl1388

AC drain donut seal at firewall

Ive searched and searched through a ton of AC drain threads and can't seem to find what I need.

The AC drain in my 02 WJ is leaking at the point it enters the firewall. The drain itself has been cleaned out and is clear. The water is still coming out when the AC is running.

Has there ever been a writeup done on how to replace the firewall donut seal? I'm not even sure where to get said donut seal.

Any help and especially pictures would be greatly appreciated.

tjl1388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2013, 08:34 PM   #2
duranged
2001 WJ 

is this what you are looking for: SEAL PANEL - 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee (5012696AA)

i don't think it would be too hard to replace. just pry out the old one and install the new one.
2001 WJ Limited; 4.7L; 4.5" RK LA; 305:65:17 ProComp Xtreme AT; 231 HD w/ SS SYE; KOR sliders; ARB front w/Warn and in-cab controls; Custom4x4Fab rear; Dual Battery via 12voltguy.
duranged is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2013, 09:10 PM   #3
WiLieR
1999 WJ 

Mine was leaking into the cabin from the condensate draining out and running back up the tube to the firewall and soaking the old gasket. I had solved this problem on Dakota's for a long time, so I knew a fix for it. I grabbed about 8" of
Clear tubing, 5/8" I think, and used it to extend the drain further out and with a down slope so it couldn't run back onto the donut gasket. I had to dip the tubing in boiling water to soften the end so it would fit onto the drain, but once cooled it shrank and formed a seal so tight that no hose clamp is needed. The same might solve your issues as well with no firewall work needed.

Tossed onto the interwebs via iPhone
Unread 06-20-2013, 10:23 AM   #4
tjl1388

Quote:
Originally Posted by duranged View Post
is this what you are looking for: SEAL PANEL - 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee (5012696AA)

i don't think it would be too hard to replace. just pry out the old one and install the new one.
Is it the same part for a V8 limited as a 4.0L Laredo?
tjl1388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2013, 12:30 AM   #5
duranged
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjl1388 View Post
Is it the same part for a V8 limited as a 4.0L Laredo?
yes. see this: SEAL PANEL - 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee (5012696AA)
2001 WJ Limited; 4.7L; 4.5" RK LA; 305:65:17 ProComp Xtreme AT; 231 HD w/ SS SYE; KOR sliders; ARB front w/Warn and in-cab controls; Custom4x4Fab rear; Dual Battery via 12voltguy.
duranged is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.