Abs light and brake light - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Abs light and brake light

Steinjager TJ tube doorsJK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!JK Rear Adjustable Control Arms!

Unread 07-21-2013, 04:45 PM   #1
rcwj04

2004 WJ 

So I had all 4 wheels up on jack stands today so I could inspect a noise my jeep makes in 4wd, and It was running and in gear and all that fun stuff, but now my brake lights and abs light are on, tried disconnecting the battery but they still stayed on, I did the key dance to see if there were any codes and there wasnt any. So how do I get them to shut off?

Quote:
You forget that most members here don't own a crystal ball to tell you exactly what your problem is, specially with bad pictures that don't say/show much of anything... -Jacko84

Just a 19 year old kid with a Jeep, and broke because of it, and loving every moment.
---------------------------------------------------------------
2004 WJ Laredo 4.0 116k
2" BDS coils & Bilstein 5100's | Addco rear swaybar with energy bushings |
K&N FIPK | glasspack | plasti-dipped badges | 17" moabs | HID's, 245/65/17 Cooper Discover AT3 | Rola rack | Fawkes stand alone shackle tabs | Bed lined interior (what a pain that was)
rcwj04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2013, 04:55 PM   #2
pinky2252s
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcwj04 View Post
So I had all 4 wheels up on jack stands today so I could inspect a noise my jeep makes in 4wd, and It was running and in gear and all that fun stuff, but now my brake lights and abs light are on, tried disconnecting the battery but they still stayed on, I did the key dance to see if there were any codes and there wasnt any. So how do I get them to shut off?
You have to get the ABS codes read with a capable DRB3 scanner.

Colorado Jeep Club Member #2252
2001 Laredo, 2004 Special Edition
pinky2252s is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2013, 05:24 PM   #3
rcwj04

2004 WJ 

Where can I get my hands on one of those?

Quote:
You forget that most members here don't own a crystal ball to tell you exactly what your problem is, specially with bad pictures that don't say/show much of anything... -Jacko84

Just a 19 year old kid with a Jeep, and broke because of it, and loving every moment.
2004 WJ Laredo 4.0 116k
K&N FIPK | glasspack | plasti-dipped badges | 17" moabs | HID's, 245/65/17 Cooper Discover AT3 | Rola rack | Fawkes stand alone shackle tabs | Bed lined interior (what a pain that was)
Unread 07-21-2013, 06:09 PM   #4
rcwj04

2004 WJ 

Hey whatta ya know, the idiot lights went out! Yahoo!

Quote:

2004 WJ Laredo 4.0 116k
Unread 07-21-2013, 07:20 PM   #5
pinky2252s
2001 WJ 

Glad they went out, but if/when they come back the DRB3 is a very expensive tool. Usually only dealers and good independent shops have them.

Colorado Jeep Club Member #2252
2001 Laredo, 2004 Special Edition
pinky2252s is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2013, 07:40 PM   #6
rcwj04

2004 WJ 

I've never had any problems with them before, so fingers crossed that they won't come on again. I refuse to go to my local dealer for anything, they are outright crooks, but there is a very good jeep/4wd shop close by that I'm sure would have it. Thanks for the help man!

Quote:

2004 WJ Laredo 4.0 116k

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.