AAAARRRH please help stuck jeep - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > AAAARRRH please help stuck jeep

THE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 01-13-2014, 12:47 AM   #1
wonkiestauto

AAAARRRH please help stuck jeep

Please help my jeep has now immobilized itself!!!!!!! Red alarm light on dash stayed on and no engine management light on dash lift also skis light out on dash can't believe this have just spent load of cash doing bits and pieces now this totally disheartening can any help?????

wonkiestauto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2014, 07:06 AM   #2
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Are you using the proper chipped/programmed key? What happened before it immobilized itself? It's hard to diagnose an issue if you don't give details about what the possible cause was.

ChrisHager's 'Grilled' Thread

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyooooooh View Post
But ChrisHager makes me want to poor water on a burning bucket of gasoline now just out of curiosity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by billzcat1 View Post
The latest lift kit from Rough Country? :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples View Post
Your symptoms sounds just like what it does when it's not doing what it should because of how it is.
ChrisHager is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2014, 07:26 AM   #3
Jeeples
2000 WJ 

Are the fuel and battery gauges responsive when you turn the key to the 'On/Run' position? The battery gauge should show around 12 volts and obviously the fuel gauge will show the current level of fuel in the tank.

If both gauges stay parked at the left side of their readings then chances are the ECM is dead. If both gauges function normally and the engine runs for a few seconds before shutting down then you may have a bad SKIM module.

Hers: '03 WJ 4.7 V8- IRO 3", 245/75/16 Duratracs
Jeeples is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2014, 08:56 AM   #4
wonkiestauto

Right I'm having all sorts of weird things just happen gauges work then don't interior lights are random sidelights too also on dome the miles to empty rather than miles just has 3 dashs there is half a tank of fuel it is completely random it cranks over fine one thing the key symbol on dash also the engine fault lite when they don't light it has this problem when they come on normally and go out it starts fine even with alarm led lit ? HELP!! Please
Unread 01-13-2014, 09:14 AM   #5
WJChris
Web Wheeler

1999 WJ 

Insert most common suggestion here:

"Check and re-set your battery connections"

Also you may have a faulty Body Control Module.
WJChris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2014, 09:22 AM   #6
wonkiestauto

Thanks have tried battery trick doesn't work cheers like I say random the other thing is drivers door doesn't lock or unlock with fob ? All other doors do and fob doesn't set alarm? Power button on drivers door works normally even when I turn key in drivers door lock it doesn't open others? Cheers guys for all help I do appreciate it
Unread 01-13-2014, 09:31 AM   #7
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Check the wiring in the boot between the driver's door and the body...

ChrisHager's 'Grilled' Thread

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyooooooh View Post
But ChrisHager makes me want to poor water on a burning bucket of gasoline now just out of curiosity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by billzcat1 View Post
The latest lift kit from Rough Country? :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples View Post
Your symptoms sounds just like what it does when it's not doing what it should because of how it is.
ChrisHager is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2014, 10:29 AM   #8
wonkiestauto

Have done the wiring when I got it have rechecked it all seems ok am at a loss at the mo I hate electrical gremlins there the worst!!!!!!
Unread 01-13-2014, 10:34 AM   #9
wonkiestauto

Oh forgot to say have got second hand bcm drivers door window switch and latch so will try them tmorrw
Unread 01-13-2014, 02:48 PM   #10
wonkiestauto

Does anyone know if I have to program a second hand body control module? Cheers
Unread 01-14-2014, 05:07 PM   #11
wonkiestauto

Right have just finished looking at Jeep and you would not believe what I found !!!!! Replaced bcm still the same so redid all earth points still the same checked dash still the same when I got Jeep it had an iPod adaptation on radio this had stopped working which I put down to intermittent fault I had so anyway popped radio out checked all connections all OK hmmmm I'll just disconnect iPod thingy blow me it all kicked back into life I thought W T F!!!!!!! Anyway it turns out it was iPod adaptor don't know how??? But fixed AT last cheers for everyones help now for roof lights any ides or pics anyone
Unread 01-14-2014, 05:28 PM   #12
berndog67
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonkiestauto View Post
Right have just finished looking at Jeep and you would not believe what I found !!!!! Replaced bcm still the same so redid all earth points still the same checked dash still the same when I got Jeep it had an iPod adaptation on radio this had stopped working which I put down to intermittent fault I had so anyway popped radio out checked all connections all OK hmmmm I'll just disconnect iPod thingy blow me it all kicked back into life I thought W T F!!!!!!! Anyway it turns out it was iPod adaptor don't know how??? But fixed AT last cheers for everyones help now for roof lights any ides or pics anyone
dam thats a new one, gotta love how picky our jeeps are! were u playing pirate'd music, lol!
2003 WJ Overland, 4.7HO, D30 & D44A (1 tons going in now!), RC Long Arm, lifted 4" Front 6" Rear, RC 2.2 4" Shocks, JKS track bar, custom hi-steer, 35" Procomp M/T's on JK rims, beefed up Overland rock rails, custom skids and dif gaurds, Rugged Ridge 8500 synthetic winch in custom hidden mount
berndog67 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2014, 06:19 PM   #13
EightEleven

But were you able to cause the fault again? I say plug it back in and see what happens and that it wasn't just a coincidence!
EightEleven is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-15-2014, 01:34 AM   #14
wonkiestauto

Yes plugged back in heard a clicking then jeep stalled so quickly pulled plug back out jus in case it was shorting something out oh an yes may have been the music found out the missus had put the cheeky girls on ipod lol cheers guys on a different note can anyone recommend a roof basket I want something I can put lights on cheers
Unread 01-21-2014, 01:19 PM   #15
berndog67
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonkiestauto View Post
Yes plugged back in heard a clicking then jeep stalled so quickly pulled plug back out jus in case it was shorting something out oh an yes may have been the music found out the missus had put the cheeky girls on ipod lol cheers guys on a different note can anyone recommend a roof basket I want something I can put lights on cheers
weird one, but least you know now, ROLA racks seem to be popular, look great on wj's and not too expense either, alot of guys find good deals on them off craigslist, been looking for one for myself for awhile now with no luck yet, plus with the rola racks u can get extensions to make them longer and are fairly strong, so u can weld on any tabs u want, for a better mounting system or even spares and lights
2003 WJ Overland, 4.7HO, D30 & D44A (1 tons going in now!), RC Long Arm, lifted 4" Front 6" Rear, RC 2.2 4" Shocks, JKS track bar, custom hi-steer, 35" Procomp M/T's on JK rims, beefed up Overland rock rails, custom skids and dif gaurds, Rugged Ridge 8500 synthetic winch in custom hidden mount
berndog67 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.