A1Cardone power steering wj grand cherokee - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > A1Cardone power steering wj grand cherokee

Ford Explorer 8.8 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft Kit C Clip ElimStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 02-05-2014, 03:13 AM   #1
AliAbed
2004 WJ 

Wj A1Cardone power steering wj grand cherokee

Hi the A1Cardone pump are good for wj grand Cherokee with the hydraulic fan http://www.partsgeek.com/mmparts/pow..._cherokee.html

AliAbed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2014, 04:41 AM   #2
99SK04GTX
2004 WJ 

I recently installed one on my 2004 V8. Best to get with the reservoir and note there are different pumps for the V8 and the I6. You will need a PS pump pulley puller to remove AND install the pulley on the new pump. A new pulley is only $12, mine broke (it is plastic w/ metal insert). Price Advance auto locally by going to retailmenot.com and getting a coupon code for 30% - 40% off; order online and pick-up locally.
99SK04GTX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2014, 05:13 AM   #3
AliAbed
2004 WJ 

thanks my friend does your engine overheat with hard steering when your pump died
AliAbed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2014, 05:48 AM   #4
99SK04GTX
2004 WJ 

No, mine was leaking
99SK04GTX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2014, 09:03 PM   #5
86cj74.2L
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

I had hard steering at idle. But didn't have overheating issue.

I put a mopar reman on. Which came without the tank. Fixed the hard steering.
86cj74.2L is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2014, 11:58 PM   #6
MEinSoCal
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86cj74.2L View Post
I had hard steering at idle. But didn't have overheating issue.
that's exactly what i have too! i just bought the Duralast power steering pump w/ reservoir from Autozone which inclludes a lifetime warranty just in case. i hope to get it installed this weekend.
Unread 02-08-2014, 01:08 AM   #7
Ah673000
2002 WJ 

Ali.... The reason your engine over heated ( I assume you have the 4.7 V8 ) is because the power steering pump drives the cooling fan.
Ah673000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2014, 06:40 PM   #8
scottieboy1707
2002 WJ 

Hi, so I just got a 2002 wj and when not moving the power steering seems to hesitate for a few seconds but then kick back on, but only when turning to the left. It doesn't seem to happen when moving or while turning right. Any opinions?
scottieboy1707 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-16-2014, 08:50 PM   #9
stangetr
2002 WJ 

I have no power steering at idle- 02 wj 4.7- the hyd fan barely moves, as soon as I hit the gas everything works, everyone said pump - I changed the pump- problem remains, still looking for a good answer
stangetr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-16-2014, 10:40 PM   #10
86cj74.2L
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangetr
I have no power steering at idle- 02 wj 4.7- the hyd fan barely moves, as soon as I hit the gas everything works, everyone said pump - I changed the pump- problem remains, still looking for a good answer
I had good fan and zero cooling problems so I thought the steering box was leaking internally. Replaced it and still had hard steering at idle.

Bought a reman pump from mopar and it fixed it.

The fan will move slow. It only speeds up for certain things. If your concerned the fan isn't operating just pull the engine coolant connector with engine running. It should turn into a airplane.

Also if you got a pump from someone other than mopar it could still be the pump.
86cj74.2L is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.